skolerna

Fold my design problem

Hello everybody ! 

I'm new here and i have an issue with Fold my design :( 

So everything is ok with the folding, but i would like to know how i could "bend" the top of my box to make it more realistic, because everything is too flat ! I tried with the modify X or modify Y but nothing changes.. I can twist it from left to right but i can't bend it !! 
And also if someone knows how to smooth the edges a bit, so it could look realistic too ... Is there a tip to do it with fold my design or i need to edit it out of the plugin ? 

Thank you all ! 

PS: Sorry for my english, i'm a frenchy :) 

Hello

As you mentioned modify X and Y are your friends. Alternatively you can use the position X and Position Z options in the user data for each spline.

Check the attached video to see what I'm talking about. Sorry for the low res version and the 8fps video but I wanted to fit it in to the 2MB attachment of the forum.

By reducing the size of the regular grid at the main options of the preset (default is at 20) you can get a more dense mesh. Results around 20 and 10 are quite good but don't go any lower.

To refine it and get the result you want exactly iI would advise you to make the object editable and then refine it as you like. 

FoldMyDesignlowres.mp4

• Topic Author
  • Thanks a lot Phobos ! The video was really helpful ! That was exactly what i was looking for ! 
    Thanks again ! :signthankspin:

Hello

As you mentioned modify X and Y are your friends. Alternatively you can use the position X and Position Z options in the user data for each spline.

Check the attached video to see what I'm talking about. Sorry for the low res version and the 8fps video but I wanted to fit it in to the 2MB attachment of the forum.

By reducing the size of the regular grid at the main options of the preset (default is at 20) you can get a more dense mesh. Results around 20 and 10 are quite good but don't go any lower.

To refine it and get the result you want exactly iI would advise you to make the object editable and then refine it as you like. 

FoldMyDesignlowres.mp4

Amazing work! Thanks for sharing...

Cheers,

Igor

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

Hi, i'm having the same issue with fold my design in C4D R17 Visualize. I get the whole thing to fold. But its quite static. So i'm trying to play around with the MX and MY. When i look in the video i see that the MX and MY are splines. When i look at my version the MX and MY are null objects. Did i mess up somewhere or is it changed in the R17 version?

I'm having same issue here with the MX and MY splines appearing as null object with no control over them. When I click on the null to expand the drop down they just disappear. 

Hi. Did anyone figure this out? My MX and MY are also null objects and I have no control over them. When I click on the + next to the null there is nothing showing inside?

Hello!

I have joined up to the forum to ask about this problem.

I have found and read the other posts here and researched the wider web... I found this information on another forum 

"Hi, no, unfortunately I didn't have it resolved. However, I got confirmed from Nitro the developer that it does not work."

Having bought r17 visualise to create box visuals with this plug in I am left a little disappointed.

If anybody can help with a work around I would be very grateful.

Thanks!

Hi Everyone.

I am using Fold my design in C4D R17 but when I click "create guides" nothing happens. Have any of you had the same issue?

Thanks

On 22/07/2016 at 8:10 AM, Richyrich said:

Hi Everyone.

I am using Fold my design in C4D R17 but when I click "create guides" nothing happens. Have any of you had the same issue?

Thanks

Have the same problem... did you ever solve it?

Guest Archie

Fold my design the MX and MY are null objects. If anybody can help ?

Guest Archie

Hi, i'm having the same issue with fold my design in C4D R17 Visualize. I get the whole thing to fold. But its quite static. So i'm trying to play around with the MX and MY. When i look in the video i see that the MX and MY are splines. When i look at my version the MX and MY are null objects. Did i mess up somewhere or is it changed in the R17 version?