Sign in to follow this  
PrivatePolygon

My Wip's & Finals

• Topic Author
  • Tiny update on my character!

Oh and for those who were wondering what that thing on his head is. It's a Force Field contained Medical Explosive Device :D he he he
    Have written a small background story for this character and will publish it when finished!

DetailTest18.jpg

Nice job!  And non symmetrical for all that detail.

• Topic Author
  • On 6-11-2017 at 7:37 PM, Anthony Owen said:

Nice job!  And non symmetrical for all that detail.

Thank you! I used a technique were i projected a displacement texture of a face onto the model. I haven't begun on making the big shapes non symmetrical yet but the result is already nice so far.

• Topic Author
  • Wow, seems like it's been months since I've posted an update on this project. Have been so busy with work since the start of this year that I hardly have time or energy to work when I get home.

Still a work in progress since I've got to do the hair (damn the hairs :P) and give him an outfit, at least for the torso. The eyes took ages tweaking. Probably lots of room for improvement but It's good enough for me for this project.
    Hope you like it everyone!

Oh and It's been made with Cinema 4D, Zbrush, Substance Painter and the render straight out of Marmoset Toolbag :)

Convict2258.jpg

• Topic Author
  • May it be an awesome year for everyone here! Promise I'll be around a bit more than last year ;)

Render: Corona and C4D.

Just a quickie, hence the noise :)

HappyNY-2019.jpg

• Topic Author
  • Hi people, good to be back here

I'm still alive lol, though I hardly ever do any personal projects besides on the job. Except for this one.....and I hate it lol

Have you ever worked on a personal project for so long that you stared to dislike it and just need to push yourself to put the energy and time in to finish it? Well I'm there ha ha.

I long ago accepted the fact that it wasn't going to be as awesome and realistic as I wanted it to be, but then again, this was only my second character I ever made, and probably the last since doing these kind of characters isn't really my thing. Again something I've learned during this project, which has been a lot!

The only thing I need to do and learn is how to give him eyebrows. Does anyone know of a good tutorial on how to make realtime hair?

Anyway some background info on used programs: 

Cinema 4D for doing the modeling, sculpting in Zbrush and doing the texturing and rendering in Substance Painter and Marmoset.

Convict2258_WIP_2019.jpg

How's it going man, glad to see you're well, alive and kicking:D nice work there, for brows i just use c4d hair, you can get some quite nice looking brows going 

• Topic Author
  • 8 hours ago, VECTOR said:

How's it going man, glad to see you're well, alive and kicking:D nice work there, for brows i just use c4d hair, you can get some quite nice looking brows going 

Thanks man! Well, been through a rough patch during the last year but I'm getting back on track slowly.

I plan to make some more work in the coming months and hopefully end this project as well. I wish C4D hair would work but I need to get them into Marmoset Toolbag so I got to make some haircards.

The guy looks like he's a cross between Guardians of the Galaxy and Star Wars. :lol:

• Topic Author
  • 5 hours ago, DasFrodo said:

The guy looks like he's a cross between Guardians of the Galaxy and Star Wars. :lol:

Seen all the star wars movies but never heard of Guardians of galaxy 🙂

Anyway..

liking the render below much more. New lighting conditions!

SmashedWindows_Wip_2019.jpg

25 minutes ago, PrivatePolygon said:

Seen all the star wars movies but never heard of Guardians of galaxy 🙂

You... you have never heard of Guardians of the Galaxy? How?

• Topic Author
  • 2 hours ago, DasFrodo said:

You... you have never heard of Guardians of the Galaxy? How?

So, looked it up, turns out I knew Groot and the Racoon, guess that's at least a part of the guardians right ;)