My Wip's & Finals

Oh boy, I started something really awesome. I wanted to delve a bit deeper into Photogrammetry so I wanted to get my head in 3D. it took days to get the perfect lighting setup and shooting settings and such but I finally got something useful in Agisoft.

I took the model I got into zbrush to clean the whole thing up, I only got one good ear from the Agisoft mesh so I had to model that.
After that I decided that I'd need a good topology to get some nice details on it for projection and scultping in Zbrush.
And that's where I am at the moment, I never did a retopo on a head before and I'm wondering if I'm on the right course, perhaps some pro's here already see something I will run into in the future with the current mesh I have. It doenst have to be really low poly, I guess 7000 to 10.000 or so.

So what's in store for the rest of the project. I actually want myself the be a knight of some sort xD 
Already got a lot of reference and I'm almost finished modelling the sword!
All of the base meshes will be created in C4D just as the retopo's.

I don't want to create the body since that will take a lot of time getting it anatomically correct, I'll just use fred or so as the avatar for the clothing, which I'll create in Marvelous Designer.

Cleaned1.JPG

Raw1.JPG

Retopo.JPG

Btw: It's so weird seeing your head in 3D without any hair :P

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here you go guys, finally finished with this interior project. Was my first and probably only visualisation project with Corona. I'm going to learn Unreal Engine 4 next and stay with the physical rend

What's up people!?  Haven't been around the past few years due to the fact that my work requires me to sit behind a pc monitor all day and I would like to do things in the real world as well 😅

Hi all!  First of all, hope everyone's had a great Christmas, I'm stuffed lol! So here's a first look at my project with color on the character! I still have to do the hair but haven't had time to

Posted Images

1 minute ago, bezo said:

Great job on elephant...Maybe little scale down wrinkles (deformation map from zbrush/c4d? )

Thanks! The elephant is finished, not touching that again, on to the next chapter/project. Spend to much time on that already haha, thanks for the suggestion though, appreciate it :)

3 hours ago, PrivatePolygon said:

Oh boy, I started something really awesome. I wanted to delve a bit deeper into Photogrammetry so I wanted to get my head in 3D. it took days to get the perfect lighting setup and shooting settings and such but I finally got something useful in Agisoft.

I took the model I got into zbrush to clean the whole thing up, I only got one good ear from the Agisoft mesh so I had to model that.
After that I decided that I'd need a good topology to get some nice details on it for projection and scultping in Zbrush.
And that's where I am at the moment, I never did a retopo on a head before and I'm wondering if I'm on the right course, perhaps some pro's here already see something I will run into in the future with the current mesh I have. It doenst have to be really low poly, I guess 7000 to 10.000 or so.

So what's in store for the rest of the project. I actually want myself the be a knight of some sort xD 
Already got a lot of reference and I'm almost finished modelling the sword!
All of the base meshes will be created in C4D just as the retopo's.

I don't want to create the body since that will take a lot of time getting it anatomically correct, I'll just use fred or so as the avatar for the clothing, which I'll create in Marvelous Designer.

Cleaned1.JPG

Raw1.JPG

Retopo.JPG

Btw: It's so weird seeing your head in 3D without any hair :P

looking good so far pal, for topology/edge flow make sure you get some nice loops around the mouth area ;) incase you intend to rig/animate it, these examples are pretty old now but they might be of some help :D

vector side.jpgvector front .jpg

8 minutes ago, VECTOR said:

looking good so far pal, for topology/edge flow make sure you get some nice loops around the mouth area ;) incase you intend to rig/animate it, these examples are pretty old now but they might be of some help :D

vector side.jpgvector front .jpg

They sure are, thanks for the tip, I'm not going to animate but it's a good practice anyway!

7 hours ago, PrivatePolygon said:

Well some progress there is albeit very slowly. I just hope I can symmetry this because my mouth is not symmetrical, which I doubt anyone's is ha!
so far 818 poly's :)
EDIT: Potato, symmetry will not work :D

Retopo3.JPG

do you have true symmetry? you can choose a side to mirror, so should work perfectly for your situation, then once you've got the head to a point that its basically done, delete the symmetry tag,  then you can make any adjustment to the other side of your face, that arn't the same, for example you mouth. nice flow btw :D

Edited by VECTOR
44 minutes ago, VECTOR said:

do you have real symmetry? you can choose a side to mirror, so should work perfectly for your situation, then once you've got the head to a point that its basically done, delete the symmetry tag,  then you can make any adjustment to the other side of your face, that arn't the same, for example you mouth. nice flow btw :D

Is that real or true symmetry? Can't find anything with the name real symmetry But isn't that the same as the normal mirror tool in C4D?.
I was just too lazy and thought I could mirror the side I already had and with the relax button with HB modelling tools it would snap to my face perfectly lol.
Not 100% happy with the edgeflow, but I guess for the first time it's ok, thanks ;)

Edit: Oh I think it is true symmetry, available here on the cafe right??

10 minutes ago, PrivatePolygon said:

Is that real or true symmetry? Can't find anything with the name real symmetry But isn't that the same as the normal mirror tool in C4D?.
I was just too lazy and thought I could mirror the side I already had and with the relax button with HB modelling tools it would snap to my face perfectly lol.
Not 100% happy with the edgeflow, but I guess for the first time it's ok, thanks ;)

Edit: Oh I think it is true symmetry, available here on the cafe right??

yea duh im not concentrating lol - long day! yea i ment true symmetry, way better that the built in sym in c4d!