My Wip's & Finals

Just saw this - great work mate, really coming along. I am cr@@p at modelling but have found 3D Coat makes retopo easy (not that you need to worry now, nice job).

Looking forward to seeing how this develops, congrats.

*edit - who knew cr @ p was a swearword! 

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here you go guys, finally finished with this interior project. Was my first and probably only visualisation project with Corona. I'm going to learn Unreal Engine 4 next and stay with the physical rend

What's up people!?  Haven't been around the past few years due to the fact that my work requires me to sit behind a pc monitor all day and I would like to do things in the real world as well 😅

Hi all!  First of all, hope everyone's had a great Christmas, I'm stuffed lol! So here's a first look at my project with color on the character! I still have to do the hair but haven't had time to

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, grain said:

Just saw this - great work mate, really coming along. I am cr@@p at modelling but have found 3D Coat makes retopo easy (not that you need to worry now, nice job).

Looking forward to seeing how this develops, congrats.

*edit - who knew cr @ p was a swearword! 

Haha,  and I was reading creep the whole time :P
Anyway thanks man, I might have to look into 3D coat too, since i've heard more people praising the retopo tools in there.

Guest cycblonde
On 29/10/2015 at 0:06 PM, PrivatePolygon said:

And I'm proud to show you the final of a project I finished just this morning.
I hope you all like it!

BathroomFinalSmall.jpg

Wow private this is beautiful, I'm making a bathroom and I wish it looks as good as this. How did you model the water splash on the floor and the bath towel please? I'm desperately trying to find ways to add 'mess' into my scene. Many thanks and keep up the good work

1 minute ago, cycblonde said:

Wow private this is beautiful, I'm making a bathroom and I wish it looks as good as this. How did you model the water splash on the floor and the bath towel please? I'm desperately trying to find ways to add 'mess' into my scene. Many thanks and keep up the good work

Thank you! I was figuring out how to create the splashes and after trying to model it I decided that a simple alpha of a splatter with bump or displacement would do the trick just as well.
Towel basemesh was created in Marvelous Designer, Retopo with Zremesher in Zbrush and textured inside C4D.
Good luck making your scene :)

Guest cycblonde
7 minutes ago, PrivatePolygon said:

I was figuring out how to create the splashes and after trying to model it I decided that a simple alpha of a splatter with bump or displacement would do the trick just as well.

Amazing! Can I ask onto what geometry you projected the alpha? I understand how you would get the outline - but would a bump map alone be able to produce the 'thickness' of the water pools?

2 minutes ago, cycblonde said:

Amazing! Can I ask onto what geometry you projected the alpha? I understand how you would get the outline - but would a bump map alone be able to produce the 'thickness' of the water pools?

Flat projection on a plane which in this case was the floor. I've looked it up but did it with displacement. You have to make sure that the plane or floor has enough poly's to support the amount of detail of the alpha material. Not an animation friendly scene anyway ;)

Guest cycblonde
Just now, PrivatePolygon said:

Not an animation friendly scene anyway ;)

ah, shucks, that's what I'm doing. 

It sounds like a really great workflow and I might just have a play with it to see if I can get anything from it. Ideally bump rather than displacement - Im a student and can't afford to render much xxx

Final shape is done with the creation of the shoulder pads. The buckles belts and buttons on this armour are really killing me haha. Changed the two belts on his middle since the previopus ones where just round. I'm really having a blast with this project. What else to do on a saturday night right!? xD 

TestRender2.jpg

1 minute ago, PrivatePolygon said:

Finally finished the armour, man what a work. Only subtle details are being added in Zbruhs since the real texturing will be done in substance painter through AO and curvature masking

ArmourZbrush.jpg

damn is this pure c4d ?