Igor

New and Old Cafe Features

Here are some new and old features worth mentioning. 

SOLVED tag for topics that got good answer to a problem (it would be great if members payed attention to this, lots of time would be spared for all searching for an answer).

Mark Topic Solved.jpg

ONLINE INDICATOR enable members to see who is online when they browsing topics

(orange- online, white - offline)

Online Indicator.jpg

FAST SCROLLING enables you to quickly jump from one end to another end of the page/forum, also chain thing in the middle is equivalent of Home page button.

Fast Scroll.jpg

FOLLOWING TOPICS button with some options to choose. 

Following Button.jpg

ACTIVITY STREAMS enables you to never miss a new post, lots of options there worth exploring. Members can also setup Custom Activity Streams as they prefer.

Activity Streams.jpg

TOPIC POPUP hovering over topic name enables members to check content on the fly.

Hoover over Topic.jpg

TOPIC NAVIGATION clicking on actual title will lead you to 1st post, clicking on time will lead you to the last post.

Topic navigation.jpg

FOLLOWING MEMBERS enables you to follow every post of members you want.

Following Members.jpg

TOPIC AUTHOR easy way to see who is, well, topic author. :)

Topic Author.jpg

TAGGING MEMBERS members actually get notified when they are tagged. 

Tagging in the posts.jpg

THEME VARIATIONS we know this themes are not the best, but we are going to have in mind to make them great in the future.

Themes.jpg

SUPPORT CLUB FOR MEMBERS for those are able and willing to help us with upgrading forum.

Support Club.jpg

C4D Cafe T-Shirts just to be clear, we do not get any money from selling shirts. This is purely for member who always wanted some kind of props from Cafe forum.

Some more worth mentioning features regarding posting in topics.

Source, uploading files, Notification on replys.jpg

LET'S LEARN with members is section where members share their knowledge with others. Is very much worth of your time. You can find this Topics in the right bottom corner of the forum.

Lets Learn with Members.jpg

We will gradually update this topic as we introduces new features...etc.

Hope you guys like what we have to offer right now.

Thanks everyone for support! :cowboypistol:

Regards,

Igor

Tom Banner.jpg

Excellent work. Looks like you've got things sorted out now.

I'm enjoying my freedom and not having to worry about things :)

Strange, when I write MAXON (no caps), it turns automatically (?) to MAXON (all caps).

Is this a new "feature"? :)

I realise that's how the corporate overlords like to see it spelled but are we not free to write it the way we want? I thought this was an independant forum?

moxan

mA*On

Max0n

Maxzon

;)

1 hour ago, King of Snake said:

Strange, when I write MAXON (no caps), it turns automatically (?) to MAXON (all caps).

Is this a new "feature"? :)

I realise that's how the corporate overlords like to see it spelled but are we not free to write it the way we want? I thought this was an independant forum?

moxan

mA*On

Max0n

Maxzon

;)

same with personal messenger, its censored, so cant even type any naughty words in private -___- 

This is independent forum.

Auto caps lock for Maxon has been here as far as I can recall :)

I guess Nigel has set this up at certain point. Is this really such an issue for you? really?

Regarding bad language. If the forum wasn't moderated it would blow out in days. Sure, you can't type some of the bad language, but I am sure this doesn't in any way limit anyone in expressing in full extent :)

I saw many creative ways from users get nasty without really bad language.

Why not keep thing nice and polite? For example, you can type "crap" instead of "s.." and stay on polite side.

35 minutes ago, HSrdelic said:

Auto caps lock for MAXON has been here as far as I can recall :)

I guess Nigel has set this up at certain point. Is this really such an issue for you? really?

Regarding bad language. If the forum wasn't moderated it would blow out in days. Sure, you can't type some of the bad language, but I am sure this doesn't in any way limit anyone in expressing in full extent :)

Why not keep thing nice and polite? For example, you can type "" instead of "s.." and stay on polite side.

I understand the need for moderation in the open forum it doesn't look particularly good or friendly for everyone to be like f this or f that or this ect but I just think it's a tad far to extend it to personal messenger aswell but that's just my opinion it's not a biggie, just sometimes a man needs to express him self ; )

You can edit how MAXON comes out by going into the bad word filter. Back in the old days MAXON was very pedantic about how they wanted it written.

3 hours ago, HSrdelic said:

Auto caps lock for MAXON has been here as far as I can recall :)

Why not keep thing nice and polite? For example, you can type "" instead of "s.." and stay on polite side.

Oh I was just  having a bit of fun, I do not see it as an "issue". I just never noticed it before. I certainly don't mind censoring bad language.

Guest dataflow

the option to view "Content i Posted in" doesnt work for me and its been like that for a while not sure if it my browser or not.

• Topic Author
  • 50 minutes ago, dataflow said:

the option to view "Content i Posted in" doesnt work for me and its been like that for a while not sure if it my browser or not.

You having problems just as Hrvoje, we reported already that issue to the IPS and still waiting for this to be resolved. You guys have just to many posts as it seams. I am curious dose @3DKiwi having same issues?!

When Hrvoje ging to Activity Streams, whole site/server crashes.

Igor