Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jwiede

C4D future info & development

20 minutes ago, ilayspire said:

There are thoughts about something new rewriting core, maybe, we get info from tech.director but info about parallel development or developer branch of c4d.

Your message was underlined, that's why he thought you were trying to post a link. I thought the same. :)

1 minute ago, Mauricio said:

Your message was underlined, that's why he thought you were trying to post a link. I thought the same. :)

argh

I mean that TD is messing between developer and user releases.  So we don't hear any news about core development when r16 was.

1 hour ago, Cutman said:

Or what exactly?

I wonder what the Mods response would've been if I had written that post? Maybe we would've had a bit more faux outrage and calls for banning?

I normally charge anywhere from £800-£1000/day for my production services but I'm generously going to give you a piece of free advice, don't write cheques that you can't possibly cash.

Capisce?

So how is your day going?  Are you having a good one yet?

I think you are the one who needs some advice.  

1) You have personally offended more than just IceCaveMan.  

2) IceCaveMan has done more for helping Cafe members than most and as such (IMHO) is a very respected member of this community.  As such, I have found that it is always better to keep friends than make enemies because you never know when you may be in a situation when you will need their help.  This is called networking and growing your name brand.  I would submit that IceCaveMan has a pretty strong network and a very good name brand right now.  Relative to this forum, can you say the same?

3) Relative to writing checks that can't be cashed, have you seen IceCaveMan?  Honestly, he's a big dude.  The world is a small place and their could be a situation (some show, conference, etc) where you bump into him.  Now I am a big dude as well, but if I knew he was mad at me, bumping into him would still leave me a little anxious.

4) Relative to who is watching whose back, given his standing in the Cafe community, I am sure people will have his back.  I know I will happily offer him help if he should need it.  Can you say the same?  Wouldn't it better to know that you have ingratiated yourself to a community of people who are there for you when you need it rather than personally attack them?  Again, the world is a small and strange place.  Who you offend today may possibly have been the person who would have saved you tomorrow.

So look...you seem pretty intelligent but there are actually two types of IQ.  The second is emotional IQ.  I will submit that based on your behavior, you really need to work on growing your emotional IQ.  Sure, you may make some good bank, probably pretty successful (good for you), and  as such may think you don't need anyone.  Well, that type of thinking  is trap and if you had a high emotional IQ you would realize that people always need people -- and not just certain people, but ALL people.  You really need to understand that financial success does not make you anything special and it certainly does not make you a good person.  If you alienate people indiscriminately and for no good reason, you are in fact not worth a penny in this world.

So I think you need to take a time out, go sit in the stop-and-think chair and zip-it until you learn how to play nice with others.

Now go back to having a nice day....again, I really think you need one.

Dave

@ilayspire

Ah, I see. Was thrown off by underlined part :)

34 minutes ago, DPangel said:

The world is a small place and their could be a situation (some show, conference, etc)

That is true. I bumped into few C4D users from various countries who were here as tourists or on business trips. World is indeed small place.

44 minutes ago, DPangel said:

So how is your day going?  Are you having a good one yet?

I think you are the one who needs some advice.  

1) You have personally offended more than just IceCaveMan.  

2) IceCaveMan has done more for helping Cafe members than most and as such (IMHO) is a very respected member of this community.  As such, I have found that it is always better to keep friends than make enemies because you never know when you may be in a situation when you will need their help.  This is called networking and growing your name brand.  I would submit that IceCaveMan has a pretty strong network and a very good name brand right now.  Relative to this forum, can you say the same?

3) Relative to writing checks that can't be cashed, have you seen IceCaveMan?  Honestly, he's a big dude.  The world is a small place and their could be a situation (some show, conference, etc) where you bump into him.  Now I am a big dude as well, but if I knew he was mad at me, bumping into him would still leave me a little anxious.

4) Relative to who is watching whose back, given his standing in the Cafe community, I am sure people will have his back.  I know I will happily offer him help if he should need it.  Can you say the same?  Wouldn't it better to know that you have ingratiated yourself to a community of people who are there for you when you need it rather than personally attack them?  Again, the world is a small and strange place.  Who you offend today may possibly have been the person who would have saved you tomorrow.

So look...you seem pretty intelligent but there are actually two types of IQ.  The second is emotional IQ.  I will submit that based on your behavior, you really need to work on growing your emotional IQ.  Sure, you may make some good bank, probably pretty successful (good for you), and  as such may think you don't need anyone.  Well, that type of thinking  is trap and if you had a high emotional IQ you would realize that people always need people -- and not just certain people, but ALL people.  You really need to understand that financial success does not make you anything special and it certainly does not make you a good person.  If you alienate people indiscriminately and for no good reason, you are in fact not worth a penny in this world.

So I think you need to take a time out, go sit in the stop-and-think chair and zip-it until you learn how to play nice with others.

Now go back to having a nice day....again, I really think you need one.

Dave

Thank you brother Dave.

1) As a rational thinker and scientist your Sig line offended me. Does that make us even?

2) I have absolutely no interest in networking for ego massage or filthy lucre just throwing my view on the current state of C4D into the mix. It's clear some agree with me others don't.

3) The bigger they are the harder they end up falling.

4) This is just playground level I've got more mates than you level. Again, I'm not here to gain pseudo friends and I'm certainly not bothered how you perceive me. If you are happy with the current and foreseeable future mediocre state of C4D bully for you. I'm not and I'm expressing how peed off with the never ending wait for progress on performance.

Despite what HSrdelic says in very vague terms you have to ask the question whether C4D can wait several more years for viewport improvement. Look at the GPU roadmaps can you imagine in a couple of years time AD and SideFX software utilising GPUs significantly better than C4D and there's still no end in sight for the object handling bottleneck to be freed up? This will be the biggest marketing coup for the competition without them having to pay for an ad campaign.

Folks, let's not forget why we are all here. Personally I registered on Cafe to learn, see others people work and thought process, share knowledge, find gigs, discuss and talk in general with people who seems to share the same passion towards C4D. I also very much liked the fact that Nigel didn't allow the forum to turn into troll playground and that some level of politeness and respect was requested.

Some of use made some really over the board statements and misbehaved here (myself included) and it would be good if we can step back from this. Let's step back and refrain ourselves from really breaking the Cafe rules and let's continue with having normal civilized conversation.

Otherwise I will have no choice then to lock the topic down, which would be truly a shame given what kind of information and value it provided so far to members.

Thank you

There is a thread about C4D new core announcement on the Modo forum and despite the fact that Modo 901 was supposed to be an awesome release a lot of Modo users has nearly nothing but praise for C4D, they realize that stability is more valuable than shiny new features so for sure MAXON is progressing slowly but surely.

The only complain on that thread is about C4D pricing, which I kind of agree. 

You could buy up until January Max + Softimage or Maya + Softimage cheaper than C4D. 

While Softimage isn't developed anymore, its still a very powerful tool. 

Anyway, it's just my view on it. Maybe when the new shinny C4D comes around, we might think is reasonably priced. 

Guest pgoski
13 hours ago, Vozzz said:

maybe some of those maya lay offs can come over to MAXON and help out here :) 

Let me just highlight this ;)

"Last year, we opened an office in Canada specifically for recruiting and hosting the excellent 3D development talent in Montreal."

The good thing about that news is that there's some ex-Softies in the middle. I love Softimage developers and they rock! :)