Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jwiede

C4D future info & development

17 minutes ago, Mauricio said:

The good thing about that news is that there's some ex-Softies in the middle. I love Softimage developers and they rock! :)

that is VERY good news!

Wow...just read through the hole thread. People....just be happy!! This is best news in MAXON history. I as a beta-tester have anticipated this for a while because I had some clues. But it was never 100% for me whats going on behind the curtains. I just felt there must be something really big going on. Since R16 most new features where made by new employed developers. So I was thinking either three quarter of the complete MAXON-Staff is enjoying Magarita Drinks on Hawai or they Work on a new Core for c4d. Now with this Announcement I am soo happy to see the second is the case :-).

I think this is a great achievement from MAXON. They managed to rebuild a driving train and at the same time added Features. The planing of this Act I can only applaud for. I can now forgive MAXON for not delivering the best possible new Features for the last releases as I know the work has been done somewhere else.

my perspective as a German Fellow: You really have to understand that German Buisness mentality is very try compared to jung american startups or Creative Buisnesses. The Way MAXON communicates with Customers is very typical for German buisnesses. ITs not meant to be disrespectfull or ignorant. If a German says something  you need to listen carefully to the content....not the way he or she says it. Germans tend to be disabled in that regard ;-). On the Other hand the content has a lot of weight as it is considered well and free of emotions. Isnt that really good to know?

I mean would you prefer to hear a emotionally totally overwelmed CEO telling you the Golden Glory Future and Worldrevolution? I prefer to have some try but honest and well considered Informations. The Fun and Emotion I can create myself in my Brain.

There are three things on this matter that makes me hopeful.

Why did Solid Angle choose Cinema 4D before 3ds Max to port their engine? Arnold is a VFX Feature Film render. Can it be used for commercials and motion graphics? Sure ... but the main bread of it is feature films.

Why SideFX choose to port Houdini Engine to Cinema 4D officially? The 3ds Max version was made by a Max user. 

Why Fabric Engine isn't on beta for Cinema 4D? Because they are waiting the new node/xpresso thing on Cinema 4D to take full advantage off. Remember, FE for Modo worked because Foundry actually put some node base workflow on Modo.

This three things make me feel hopeful that this new C4D version that may came in the next year will be very powerful and suited for high end work. I do hope I'm not wrong. :)

5 hours ago, Edouard said:

There is a thread about C4D new core announcement on the Modo forum and despite the fact that Modo 901 was supposed to be an awesome release a lot of Modo users has nearly nothing but praise for C4D, they realize that stability is more valuable than shiny new features so for sure MAXON is progressing slowly but surely.

That would include me. I had to sell my license to afford a license for Max and I miss C4D. There are few software environments that I liked to be in as much as I did with C4D. Modo had a glitch in it's last release that caused some customers (including me) to lose extensive amounts of data - by 'lose' I mean gone, missing, not even there in the backup files. Not something I ever had to worry about with C4D.

Maybe my business will change direction again up ahead when MAXON starts showing new stuff built on the new core (like usable UV tools) and I'll be able to get back on the train.

40 minutes ago, Mauricio said:

There are three things on this matter that makes me hopeful.

Why did Solid Angle choose Cinema 4D before 3ds Max to port their engine? Arnold is a VFX Feature Film render. Can it be used for commercials and motion graphics? Sure ... but the main bread of it is feature films.

Why Fabric Engine isn't on beta for Cinema 4D? Because they are waiting the new node/xpresso thing on Cinema 4D to take full advantage off. Remember, FE for Modo worked because Foundry actually put some node base workflow on Modo.

MaxtoA(3dsmax 2 Arnold) was started by V.Abushinov (3dparty developer) in April of 2013 - http://3dcenter.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=114517
status - production ready, but freeze and i asked Vlad to sell or join to SolidAngle team.

FE for c4d as i know is developing

So glad I'm out of this sh**. I'm heading off for a 120km ride on my bike.

Nigel

That'smy point ilay ... for Max the user must create the d*mn thing. For Cinema 4D, the company is doing. I believe they are doing because they see something different with Cinema 4D.

I wish Chaos Group would take over and create a proper V-Ray for C4D.

6 hours ago, Cutman said:

Thank you brother Dave.

1) As a rational thinker and scientist your Sig line offended me. Does that make us even?

2) I have absolutely no interest in networking for ego massage or filthy lucre just throwing my view on the current state of C4D into the mix. It's clear some agree with me others don't.

3) The bigger they are the harder they end up falling.

4) This is just playground level I've got more mates than you level. Again, I'm not here to gain pseudo friends and I'm certainly not bothered how you perceive me. If you are happy with the current and foreseeable future mediocre state of C4D bully for you. I'm not and I'm expressing how peed off with the never ending wait for progress on performance.

Despite what HSrdelic says in very vague terms you have to ask the question whether C4D can wait several more years for viewport improvement. Look at the GPU roadmaps can you imagine in a couple of years time AD and SideFX software utilising GPUs significantly better than C4D and there's still no end in sight for the object handling bottleneck to be freed up? This will be the biggest marketing coup for the competition without them having to pay for an ad campaign.

Scientist?  C'mon, really?!?  You've done nothing but ignore evidence, which is quite un-scientific.  Dave is right, you have the emotional IQ of a turnip and it's interfering with this "rational mind" you say you possess.

Every so often someone like you comes along, stirs up a bunch of sh** for no reason, acting all belligerent and pissing off all us reasonable folk.  But eventually they stop posting. Most likely because their fragile egos can't handle the lack of agreeability towards them, and they're forgotten because the content they posted had no relevance, no value.  Just thought you'd like to know your fate on these boards... to be obscure and irrelevant.   Which, you probably don't care about, because, after all, we're just playground level to you, right?  Please take your ball and go somewhere else to play Troll, we have an important game of "making a living through c4d" to play.

Hey Hrvoje, can we get an ignore feature on c4dcafe?  I'd love to be able to just not see any of Cutman's posts, without limiting his ability to waste his time attempting to troll us.  Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind I found it!  You guys should try it!  It's soooo nice knowing I never have to read a single one of Cutman's posts ever again!  Just hover over his name to get a link to ignore.

-kvb

2 minutes ago, Mauricio said:

That'smy point ilay ... for Max the user must create the d*mn thing. For Cinema 4D, the company is doing. I believe they are doing because they see something different with Cinema 4D.

I whish Chaos Group would take over and create a proper V-Ray for C4D.

Some things are doing by R&D department of any big or middle companies. And as i know, MaxtoA dev was sponsored by big Russian architectural group as freelancer or he work on them.

SolidAgle supports only SItoA(your lovely softimage) and mtoa. Seems they did not interested in c4dtoa, i remember when ask to download sdk of arnold. Yeah, UglyKids and company of developers came and brought c4dtoa

Yeah, you are right. I forgot about UglyKids. In any case, after a while SolidAngle took over. They are responsible for it now, which is not the case with the Max version.

Anyway ... now I'll just wait and see what comes out of MAXON.