Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest cazure

Computer Generated Whiskey

Guest cazure
  • Topic Author
  • Hello everyone,

For a school assignment I have made this commercial for my personal, and fictional, whiskey brand. While I was an intern at a little video company I made this in my spare time. I started mid October and finished it one week ago. 

I'm very pleased with the result, so I want to share it with you guys of course! I hope you guys can give some feedback on my work. 

Also, I'm aware that there are some noise problems in the render, I'm still working on a new full HD render with a higher sample rate. 

You can view the video right here! 

Greetings,

Cazure

ss (2016-01-13 at 08.02.24).jpg

ss (2016-01-13 at 08.02.43).jpg

ss (2016-01-13 at 08.03.05).jpg

beautiful work and cool scenario

you can add volumetric light coming from the hole of the roof and add dust particles 

i like the bottle as well when the rock shatter around it but your background scene seems a little bit weak 

also did you do the voice over :)

Guest cazure
  • Topic Author
  • @nizaryos, Thanks for your feedback. I've rendered it in Octane render where there is no volumetric light, it will be possible in the new version. But that one is still in Alpha. I'll take note of improving my background in future projects, thanks for pointing that out.

I got the voice over from a website called Fiberr, there you can hire voice actors :D

you can fake volumetric light in after effects like using shine or other composting softwares it will add realism to your scene

keep up the good work :) 

My thoughts: Really awesome concept/VO/and 3D work! It's great to see something with some dialog in it. Also your camera moves are very cinematic.

As far as critique, assuming you are going for realism, I'll say: The pillars seem too flat and CG-ish. Maybe some more detail via negative displacement would help it. Just too uniform I think. Might help to take out a chunk here and there too, especially if this place is supposed to be antiquated.

I love the concept of light suddenly entering and illuminating the whiskey, but the ceiling falling apart doesn't work as much for me. Maybe it's because I thought we were deep in some long forgotten tomb, but then I realize that the ceiling is only like 8 inches thick, and goes right outside. Maybe there could just be a really deep/dark hole in the ceiling above the whiskey, and when the sun passes directly above, it shines down on the bottle. Would be a great way to accentuate those volumetric rays, and a super low angle shot of the light starting to beam down on the "whiskey boulder" would look really dynamic.

Also it looks like for some reason there are white outlines around your puddles of water.

Really cool project! 

Guest cazure
  • Topic Author
  • @Rafael

Thanks for your feedback! I will take it with me on my next project.