Cream    37
  • Topic Author
  • Editorial Illustration about weightlifting 

tumblr_os9h1niCbQ1tdm0l3o1_1280.png

tumblr_os9l51ViBG1tdm0l3o1_1280.png

• Like 1

nerv    320

I kind of wish those plates had some texturing on them, but this is still awesome work.  Love it. 

Cream    37
  • Topic Author
  • Good call, tried giving it a little bit of texture but since the client wanted a dark/grungy room around it

it got a bit lost in the bg - they went for the version without where the weights stood out a bit more 

• Like 1

StCanas    60

Yes, the smooth discs caught my eye, too. But still a very nice piece of work, despite that. It's great that you have a comercial outlet for your very personal style.

• Like 1

Cream    37
  • Topic Author
  • Thanks!! Yeah I'm often very happy with the projects I get, 75% of commercial stuff is unfortunately very different and doesn't make it to my portfolio :)

StCanas    60
    39 minutes ago, Cream said:

Thanks!! Yeah I'm often very happy with the projects I get, 75% of commercial stuff is unfortunately very different and doesn't make it to my portfolio :)

It must be satifying when you have a distinctive style and then someone likes it enough to pay you to put it front and centre. A validation of sorts. While I don't have any particular style, I realy enjoy trying to make things look real (sometime more sucessfully than others) and, luckily, that's generally what I get called upon to do. That goes some way to making up for not getting to indulge myself. :)

Cream    37
  • Topic Author
  • Worked on these in between commercial stuff the last few weeks, not sure what to do with these yet but loving the concept :)

tumblr_oso5hl9MhQ1tdm0l3o1_1280.png

tumblr_oso1b3IP3w1tdm0l3o1_1280.png

• Like 1

StCanas    60

I'm starting to sound like a stuck record, but lovin' these again! The attention to detailing in your modelling and texturing is wonderful.

• Like 1

Cream    37
  • Topic Author
  • ^^ Thanks man, appreciate it! I'm really starting to feel comfortable working in Octane.

It took a while to get into the node editor but it makes so more sense doing it like that, loving how straightforward it all works and of course the liveviewer is just crazy with the instant feedback.

Finished an X this morning, I think I will do the rest for next year's 36daysoftype edition!

tumblr_osps20sRaQ1tdm0l3o1_1280.png

• Like 1

Cream    37
  • Topic Author
  • ^ Thanksss!!

Some new personal explorations from the last few weeks, a lot more in highres here

af849554969277.5970f072072d4.png 83e5db54969277.597494e7e27ae.png