Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rectro

Joint Driven morphs help please?

• Topic Author
  • This is what we need, id pay for a plugin that did this.

AFAIK , you don't need to use the correction deformer .

you can pose the character in extreme pose , then current state to object , then sculpt on the new mesh (no skin , no joints).

after you sculpt , add the pose morph tag to the main object, then drag the new mesh ?(that you sculpted ) to the targets of the pose morph .

a dialogue will appear , chose NO .

now you can delete the sculpted mesh .

now the pose morph working with no correction deformer .

also , you can add sculpting tag , and sculpt as layers , then use the sculpt to pose morph command if you want ...

check the file (I used the correction deformer because I didn't know what you wanted to do with it (before dreading the other posts )

correction morph.c4d

also  , if you have cinversity premium membership ,  try the CV weight scripts , they are cool , and allow(AFAIK) to copy weighing from one character if they have the same topology  , so if your character have completely deferent shapes , but same topology , you can transfer the weights .. 

• Topic Author
  • 12 minutes ago, maliohammad said:

AFAIK , you don't need to use the correction deformer .

you can pose the character in extreme pose , then current state to object , then sculpt on the new mesh (no skin , no joints).

after you sculpt , add the pose morph tag to the main object, then drag the new mesh ?(that you sculpted ) to the targets of the pose morph .

a dialogue will appear , chose NO .

now you can delete the sculpted mesh .

now the pose morph working with no correction deformer .

also , you can add sculpting tag , and sculpt as layers , then use the sculpt to pose morph command if you want ...

check the file (I used the correction deformer because I didn't know what you wanted to do with it (before dreading the other posts )

correction morph.c4d

Thanks will check that out.  As far as using a current state to object sculpted for corrections, iv tried this and it never worked, and I dont get any dialog box asking me anything for me to say no to too, maybe there is a step im missing here?

1:Pose select mesh, current state to object.

2: Sculpt corrections on duplicated object.

3: Create new Pose Morph for points mode. Mixing correctional, Post deformers, Target is the newly sculpted verison.

Results:  If I have the sculpted mesh visible then drag into Target it either does nothing, blows up the mesh, and if I clear the Target the whole rigged mesh reverts to its base pose.

Thanks Dan

• Topic Author
  • 16 minutes ago, maliohammad said:

also  , if you have cinversity premium membership ,  try the CV weight scripts , they are cool , and allow(AFAIK) to copy weighing from one character if they have the same topology  , so if your character have completely deferent shapes , but same topology , you can transfer the weights .. 

Cool.  Does this work better than Vamp then?

4 hours ago, Rectro said:

Thanks will check that out.  As far as using a current state to object sculpted for corrections, iv tried this and it never worked, and I dont get any dialog box asking me anything for me to say no to too, maybe there is a step im missing here?

you are welcome ,I will make a very quick video about this and upload it here .

4 hours ago, Rectro said:

Cool.  Does this work better than Vamp then?

Vamp work if the 2 characters have the same shape , if you have slim character and fat one , vamp won't work properly .  

check this link :

https://www.cineversity.com/vidplaylist/cv-weight_scripts/cv-weight_scripts_part_01

edit: I have tested it , but the problem that the pose morph copy the pose also , I have to find a cheat to do it ..xd 

I have found the trick to sculpt on the mesh directly :lol:

select the weight tag , then go to the frame you want to modify , then shift + press "set bind pose" , now sculpt freely :D 

I don't know the limitation of this technique yet , for more info right click on the weight tag , and see the c4d help .

test this , and please let me know if it is working and what is limitation :)

@Rectro 

*just in case you didn't get the email nonfiction *

• Topic Author
  • 17 hours ago, maliohammad said:

I have found the trick to sculpt on the mesh directly :lol:

select the weight tag , then go to the frame you want to modify , then shift + press "set bind pose" , now sculpt freely :D 

I don't know the limitation of this technique yet , for more info right click on the weight tag , and see the c4d help .

test this , and please let me know if it is working and what is limitation :)

Thanks, but I cant get that to work with a rigged character, as soon as I select a sculpt brush the rig holds its pose but not the geometry hence cant sculpt in pose space.  Doesnt  set bind pose just set a new default rest pose for the rig?

Thanks Dan

3 hours ago, Rectro said:

Thanks, but I cant get that to work with a rigged character, as soon as I select a sculpt brush the rig holds its pose but not the geometry hence cant sculpt in pose space.  Doesnt  set bind pose just set a new default rest pose for the rig?

Thanks Dan

check this video , every thing is working (I have pressed shift + set bind pose) 

test090-HD.mp4