Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rectro

Joint Driven morphs help please?

Recommended Posts

  • Topic Author
  • 16 minutes ago, maliohammad said:

    also  , if you have cinversity premium membership ,  try the CV weight scripts , they are cool , and allow(AFAIK) to copy weighing from one character if they have the same topology  , so if your character have completely deferent shapes , but same topology , you can transfer the weights .. 

    Cool.  Does this work better than Vamp then?

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    4 hours ago, Rectro said:

    Thanks will check that out.  As far as using a current state to object sculpted for corrections, iv tried this and it never worked, and I dont get any dialog box asking me anything for me to say no to too, maybe there is a step im missing here?

     

    you are welcome ,I will make a very quick video about this and upload it here .

    4 hours ago, Rectro said:

    Cool.  Does this work better than Vamp then?

    Vamp work if the 2 characters have the same shape , if you have slim character and fat one , vamp won't work properly .  

    check this link :

    https://www.cineversity.com/vidplaylist/cv-weight_scripts/cv-weight_scripts_part_01

    edit: I have tested it , but the problem that the pose morph copy the pose also , I have to find a cheat to do it ..xd 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    I have found the trick to sculpt on the mesh directly :lol:

    select the weight tag , then go to the frame you want to modify , then shift + press "set bind pose" , now sculpt freely :D 

    I don't know the limitation of this technique yet , for more info right click on the weight tag , and see the c4d help .

    test this , and please let me know if it is working and what is limitation :)

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    @Rectro 

    *just in case you didn't get the email nonfiction *

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
  • Topic Author
  • 17 hours ago, maliohammad said:

    I have found the trick to sculpt on the mesh directly :lol:

    select the weight tag , then go to the frame you want to modify , then shift + press "set bind pose" , now sculpt freely :D 

    I don't know the limitation of this technique yet , for more info right click on the weight tag , and see the c4d help .

    test this , and please let me know if it is working and what is limitation :)

    Thanks, but I cant get that to work with a rigged character, as soon as I select a sculpt brush the rig holds its pose but not the geometry hence cant sculpt in pose space.  Doesnt  set bind pose just set a new default rest pose for the rig?

     

    Thanks Dan

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    3 hours ago, Rectro said:

    Thanks, but I cant get that to work with a rigged character, as soon as I select a sculpt brush the rig holds its pose but not the geometry hence cant sculpt in pose space.  Doesnt  set bind pose just set a new default rest pose for the rig?

     

    Thanks Dan

    check this video , every thing is working (I have pressed shift + set bind pose) 

    test090-HD.mp4

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
  • Topic Author
  • Just now, maliohammad said:

    check this video , every thing is working (I have pressed shift + set bind pose) 

    test090-HD.mp4

    Thankyou, checking it out now.

     

    Dan

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Just now, Rectro said:

    Thankyou, checking it out now.

     

    Dan

    you are welcome , 

    this method should work with normal modelling +sculpting 

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
  • Topic Author
  • How odd that is?  I havent tried it on my mesh yet but on the boy from the content, his arms dont hold like in that video?

    After you done sculpting can you return to the base pose again with ease, I asume you store that on a key frame then scrub back to it, then store the skin again?

     

    Dan

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
  • Topic Author
  • Ok It only dont work when using the Store Bind Pose if your adding to  a Pose Morph with the Post Deformations on and Correctional.  These can be put on after the sculpting.  Also its essential to have your extreme pose on another Key frame which I do anyway, and have zero key frame holding the base pose as your need that to restore the Bind Pose to how it was originally.

     

    Nice workaround voiding the use of Correctional defromer if you follow them extra steps.  I need to try it on the Character tool rig.

     

    Thanks ,Dan

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    6 minutes ago, Rectro said:

    How odd that is?  I havent tried it on my mesh yet but on the boy from the content, his arms dont hold like in that video?

    After you done sculpting can you return to the base pose again with ease, I asume you store that on a key frame then scrub back to it, then store the skin again?

     

    Dan

    ok ... let me explain what is happening more ...

    1-I have tested this method with the boy from c4d content library and everything is working fine 

    2- I didn't use any keyframe in the video(nor in the project ) . 

    so how do is it work ?

     well...when you shift+click the set bind pose the character object store the state (of the current frame ) but don't store it for animation nor overwrite the keyframe ..etc , it stores the state only for modelling (you can see this when you go to point,edge or polygons mode , I will call them "modelling modes " ) 

    when you are in the model mode and scrub the timeline (or play the animation ) the animation will run as expected ,and you can't see the stored state , but if you switched to "modelling modes" you will see only the stored state , and the animation will be ignored ) .

    when sculpting , the sculpt tools work with points ...etc (internally ) so when you store a state and want to sculpt (and eventually want to sculpt on what you see ) you should stay in the frame that you store (if you stored the pose of frame 22, you should work on frame 22 only ) 

    or you can sculpt in any of the "modelling modes " in any frame (remember that the animation will be ignored while you are in one of those modes )

    as an extra note , if you deleted the joints , rig ...etc , the character will still have the stored state .

    can I go to the first state (original one ) ? AFAIK the answer is No, but I am not sure , because rigging /animation is not one of my skills .

    hope this is helpful , if you still have any question , feel free to ask it :D

    P.S. I highly recommend reading the weight tag manual , you can find more helpful tips there :)

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
  • Topic Author
  • Thanks for your help.  It was the Pose Morph stopping the Store.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    • Recently Browsing   0 members

      No registered users viewing this page.

    Latest Topics

    Latest Comments

    ×
    ×
    • Create New...