Joint Driven morphs help please?

Rectro

I found one limitation with using Store Bind Pose.  While the animation pose is not effected the original mesh is, and stores both the deformation from the joint, Muscles, and Pose Morphs.  If you wanted to restore the original mesh to its pre deformed stated you need to go back to zero keyframe or reset PSR to get back to original pose, Disable all Muscles, and Morphs before you press Store Bind Pose again.  If you have many Muscles they need to be put int a Null to quickly turn them all off, and your need to turn every Pose morph off.  In this case using the Correctional Deformer makes a better quicker job of it.  In either case iv learnt somthing new, and have more options.

Thanks, Dan

27 minutes ago, Rectro said:

I found one limitation with using Store Bind Pose.  While the animation pose is not effected the original mesh is, and stores both the deformation from the joint, Muscles, and Pose Morphs.  If you wanted to restore the original mesh to its pre deformed stated you need to go back to zero keyframe or reset PSR to get back to original pose, Disable all Muscles, and Morphs before you press Store Bind Pose again.  If you have many Muscles they need to be put int a Null to quickly turn them all off, and your need to turn every Pose morph off.  In this case using the Correctional Deformer makes a better quicker job of it.  In either case iv learnt somthing new, and have more options.

Thanks, Dan

On August 24, 2016 at 7:20 PM, maliohammad said:

as an extra note , if you deleted the joints , rig ...etc , the character will still have the stored state .

can I go to the first state (original one ) ? AFAIK the answer is No, but I am not sure , because rigging /animation is not one of my skills

I have mentioned this limitation :D

the correctional deformer is good , (I am not into animation/rigging at the moment .)

by the way , did you check the cv weight scripts ?

2 hours ago, Rectro said:

Using sculpting tools for pose morphs using Correction Deformer.

after I have watched your tut , 

I set the pose morph tag to edit mode .

2-shift+set bind pose .

3-disable the skin/muscle .

4-add new pose (point) .

5-sculpt 

6- change the settings to what you did in the video .

7- re enable the skin /muscle 

what do you think about this way ?

On August 28, 2016 at 8:53 PM, Rectro said:

That would be super, thanks.

Dan

after being busy for some time , I completed half of the code , then stopped after I realised this :

we were just wasting time :confused:

when you add a pose morph tag to the character , then add new point pose , change the mode to correctional , and enable post deformers  option (before doing anything to the model ) and now while you are n the pose edit , you can access the deformed geometry and modify it .

see the documentation for more details about this , I test it and it is working without any correction deformer .

hope this helps .

best regards ,

Unfortunately this isn't so simple either as this is was video documented by me months ago, it don't work with the sculpting tools.

The purpose of using the correctional modifier is purely to be able to use the sculpting tools for morph corrections in pose space.

Thanks, Dan

1 minute ago, Rectro said:

Unfortunately this isn't so simple either as this is was video documented by me months ago, it don't work with the sculpting tools.

The purpose of using the correctional modifier is purely to be able to use the sculpting tools for morph corrections in pose space.

Thanks, Dan

after I checked it with sculpting tools every thing get messy .

lol ,I think I am going to complete working on the script (I am beginner so I am very slow :D)

Just now, maliohammad said:

after I checked it with sculpting tools every thing get messy .

lol ,I think I am going to complete working on the script (I am beginner so I am very slow :D)

Thank you for your time on this, I'm sure it will be welcomed by many.  I'm deeply disappointed that we are in r18 and still MAXON has not sorted out, this along with a whole host of things that I wanted to see this release was absent.  All I can say is I'm thankfull I have MODO, and Zbrush.

Dan

9 hours ago, Rectro said:

Thank you for your time on this, I'm sure it will be welcomed by many.  I'm deeply disappointed that we are in r18 and still MAXON has not sorted out, this along with a whole host of things that I wanted to see this release was absent.  All I can say is I'm thankfull I have MODO, and Zbrush.

Dan

you are welcome , the problem is most of cinema 4d users don't do this kind of things , so MAXON don't focus no those features , you can make suggestions on the MAXON website -which might help -

Archived