Sign in to follow this  
Intenditore

X-Particles. Particle rotation?

I found X-Particles (2.1) particles don't change their orientation while simulation. So when I apply generator the geometry I get is facing one side. Random rotation does not work for some reason, but anyway it's only partial solution. How can I make particles rotate while simulation?

XP 2.1 is a very old version and you should upgrade to 2.5 if you have a licence. It was a free upgrade.

Steve

Not sure if this helps, but I ran into a similar issue with X-Particles a few months back, except that I needed the particle/geometry to always face the camera and X-particles seemed to be ignoring my "Face Camera" command and the planes were all wonky, rotating slightly but not toward camera…until I removed the Geometry Object from the "moving" null with all my other stuff in it, my emitter group and other geometry and such, and then zeroed out the pos/rot of the Geometry Object to put it back in the center of the world. Then all worked perfectly.

I might be misunderstanding the question -- but if you're wondering how geometry created by the XParticles generator can have collisions that result in realistic rotations, then I believe you're going to have to use the C4D Dynamics instead of the XParticles one:

Put a C4D dynamics tag on the XParticles generator object.
Then in the tag's Collision tab, change the Individual Elements parameter to "Top Level"
Then you might have to change the Shape parameter too.

Hope that helps!

(And if anyone knows of a way for the XParticles Dynamics to do this -- please share!)

xpGenerator Object tag -> Scale, Rotation and Offset

Here you can set "Rotate Using" to "Set Rotation" and put in the values you wish.

On 10/13/2016 at 7:48 PM, Motionized said:

Here you can set "Rotate Using" to "Set Rotation" and put in the values you wish.

That was really helpful. Thank you.

Although I got confused and was looking for a xpGenerator Object tag, until I found out you were talking about the tab. :lol:

• Topic Author
  • On 10/13/2016 at 11:48 AM, Motionized said:

unfortunately, this is related to some newer version. THere's nothing like this in 2.1