Hey

please be considerate and disable AD blocker when you are on the C4D Cafe, because it helps us run this forum. We minimalized showing of the AD's all across the forums, so please, be so kind and at least help us by having AD blocker turned off. 

Rectro

C4D / Vray Pipeline for Character design

Rectro    523
  • Topic Author
  • Im putting this into a video, so should help others new to C4D.  Here is the C4D file, have a play with it, see what you can do to make it even better.

C4D-Hair block test2.c4d

Vozzz    81

very nice work! 

good idea about using multiple hair objects for more control over the clumping/frizzing hair!

Visionnext    70

Very interesting. Realistic hair isn't easy, but there is a quite good tutorial at Cineversity. It is also based on multiple hair objects. I've seen a quite good hai tutorial for Blender, which can also be replicated in Cinema 4D with multiple hair objects.

Great job and I'm curious, where you will get to...

Rectro    523
  • Topic Author
  • Thanks guys.  @Visionnext Do you know what cinivercity video it was, and the one for Blender?  I'm quite determine to get the best from C4D as iv inversted a lot of money into this app, so need to make it work for me.  Iv been wanting a hair system in 3d from my other apps iv got for years, and hope this app will give me the results I'm after as its hard to find any works out there in this area I'm going into.

Thanks, Dan

Visionnext    70

Unfortunately the Blender tutorial seems to be gone. They have replaced it by a new one, but I don't have access to this one.

Rectro    523
  • Topic Author
  • Thank you will check these out.  I must say, im getting some nice results here, cant wait to apply what im learning to a project.  

The push tool has come in handy instead of using grow hair by normal which creates a straight line out the head, I use the Push tool, that gives nice control in essentially puffing out the roots of the hair.

Dan

Visionnext    70

One thing I miss in Cinema 4D's hair, is that all the segments along a guide hair have the same length. This is different in Blender. You can have shorter segments next to the skull, which helps to bend the hair better.

...or did I miss a feature in Cinema 4D?

Rectro    523
  • Topic Author
  • Yea your right, they are even, so you end up having to have more segments just to get enough at the roots.  Im having issues at the moment trying to clump stands that end in a tighter point,  not problems so much with the guides, but getting them to render that way.

Dan

Greatszalam    73
    On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 3:16 PM, Visionnext said:

One thing I miss in Cinema 4D's hair, is that all the segments along a guide hair have the same length. This is different in Blender. You can have shorter segments next to the skull, which helps to bend the hair better.

...or did I miss a feature in Cinema 4D?

You can cut the hair guides to be any length you want, but I don't think it keeps the same number of segments. That sounds like a useful feature request! As MAXON is tying everything into the new core to make it run "mo' bettah", they might as well add some useful updates to them too!

Rectro    523
  • Topic Author
  • Bit of a update.  Il post some close up images of the face tomorrow, but been working on the skin, hair, and eyes.  Once I get the hair much better, il finaly pose her in a setting, and call it a day.    Hope you like her.

ctFNmqW.jpg

VECTOR    380

nice looking fabric there!