I just downloaded this and tried it out. Excellent results as far as getting textures in. Keep on this. 

Would be great to retool for other render engines (Arnold, Octane, etc)

Thoughts/Issues:

It would be cool to be able to select different filetypes for naming in the config (png, tif, etc.) 

Presets don't seem to save at all, once file is closed they are gone.

Thanks for your feedback.
As mentioned earlier, support for different file formats is on my todo list, and will make it in the next version.

For the preset to be saved, the user needs to press the "save changes" button in the config tab. I don't like this myself, and am looking for a different way to handle this, but to constantly save the preset with every single change isn't very optimal. So far I thus rely on the user pressing the save button.

These presets should be stored in a subfolder of the plugin, and automatically loaded next time you start the plugin.
From your description it seems something goes wrong during saving or loading (assuming you pressed the save changes button). Does the console show any error message related to saving/loading

Finally found (made some) time to work on the missing pieces of this plugin. Some more testing days ahead, but next version should be available soon.

I have added support for different image formats (bmp, jpg, png, tif), selectable in the Assign tab.
Most work, however, has been done in the Config tab as I now have added the feature to add custom "channels" (known as TextureSet images).
Although this was implemented rather easily, much more time was needed to provide support for multiple layers in the reflectance material channel.

Config Tab.png

I had promised myself one thing when I would release the next version of this plugin, and that was to also provide a video showing the basic usage of SPETI (both the Assign and Config tabs). But after a few days of trying I can only confess that I simply am not made to explain things. I have tried the spontaneous way, as well as following a written down scenario. Again and again. All iterations failed their goal of clearly explaining what to do, why, when. Kudos to those who make entertaining video tutorials ... it just isn't my thing.

Well, after all, this plugin isn't rocket science, so you'll eventually figure out how to use it without me explaining.

<file removed>

(as before, R17 only)

• Like 1

As I am in the middle of a project, I still am working with R17 and haven't installed R18 (have still to download it). According to the documentation of the R18 Python SDK, MAXON did replace some attributes from the reflectance layer, which means that the current SPETI plugin will not work in R18.

I was working on a next version to fix a few bugs and add some more features, but this difference between R17 and R18 SDK is slightly annoying, meaning I will have to maintain 2 plugin versions, as they both require different code. As there are a few options available, I'd like to request feedback from users.

In order not to clutter up this thread I'd like SPETI users to PM me mentioning their Cinema 4D version:
- "R18" if you're an R18 user stuck with a non working SPETI 0.5
- "R17" if you're an R17 user with no intention to upgrade to R18

Thanks

As I have been too busy with another plugin, I haven't had time to test out the updates I made to SPETI.

However, I don't want to let the users waiting forever, so I release here the unfinished version 0.6

Note that due to changes in Python SDK, this version is only supported in R18.028 and up.

<removed obsolete file>

• Like 2

Guest rocknroller

Hi C4ds,

I tried your plugin and it worked fine, but now I get a "demo expired" message. 

Is there a way to get around that or already an option to buy it actualy?

Thanks in advance

Well, to be honest, I am not sure what to do with this plugin.
I have had a few positive feedback, and thank you for that.
It was not my intention to make money out of this. Still, making it freely available doesn't give anyone the right to upload it to anywhere they please and violating copyright in the process.

So, due to abuse, lack of interest and general lack of responses I have removed public availability of the plugin.

Give me a few more days to decide how to proceed further - thanks.

On 8/9/2016 at 11:08 AM, nimpsy said:

I just downloaded this and tried it out. Excellent results as far as getting textures in. Keep on this. 

Would be great to retool for other render engines (Arnold, Octane, etc)

Octane please.