Sign in to follow this  
C4DS

SPETI and TINA

• Topic Author
  • On 4/3/2017 at 11:23 PM, Icecaveman said:

Octane please.

My first thought was ... "Never gonna happen!", since I don't have Octane nor the knowledge how to create Octane materials.

But after a while it started itching as I was wondering if I could solve this puzzle. And moments later I was browsing the Otoy forums in search for information.
    I still have no idea how to setup or use Octane materials, but have some more knowledge about the internals. Downloaded and installed the demos of the standalone and plugin, but since my (apparently outdated) hardware and drivers doesn't allow to run Octane I am still left in the dark as to what I am actually doing.

So, as a test, I updated SPETI to only import textures into the color channel of an Octane material (or so I think). While I am not sure if such material does render correctly, I managed to see the resulting material listed in the material manager.

Now it's up to someone with a working Octane (and knowing what s/he does) to test and see if this SPETI version creates useful materials (color channel textures only !!!). Thanks in advance for trying and reporting back.

Edit: offer has expired (obsolete file removed)

On 4/4/2017 at 0:21 PM, C4DS said:

My first thought was ... "Never gonna happen!", since I don't have Octane nor the knowledge how to create Octane materials.

But after a while it started itching as I was wondering if I could solve this puzzle. And moments later I was browsing the Otoy forums in search for information.
    I still have no idea how to setup or use Octane materials, but have some more knowledge about the internals. Downloaded and installed the demos of the standalone and plugin, but since my (apparently outdated) hardware and drivers doesn't allow to run Octane I am still left in the dark as to what I am actually doing.

So, as a test, I updated SPETI to only import textures into the color channel of an Octane material (or so I think). While I am not sure if such material does render correctly, I managed to see the resulting material listed in the material manager.

Now it's up to someone with a working Octane (and knowing what s/he does) to test and see if this SPETI version creates useful materials (color channel textures only !!!). Thanks in advance for trying and reporting back.

SPETI Octane - Test.zip

Hey awesome. Huge thanks for exploring this! I'll take a look this weekend.

Hi, where can I download/buy this plugin? 

• Topic Author
  • Well, seeing the abundant feedback (*) of the Octane version of SPETI, I have reverted to my original thought: "never gonna happen".
    The offer has expired, and I am focusing on a release of the regular version instead.

I have noticed that non Substance Painter users were kind of afraid of dipping their toes into the waters of this plugin. As the name of the plugin implied that it seemed to be specific to a workflow involving Substance Painter. Because of this, and with the issue of changes in the Python SDK between R17 and R18 I have decided to provide a more generic version of the plugin.

Meet TINA (Texture Importer 'N' Assigner), the identical twin sister of SPETI.

It shares the exact same DNA, but is meant to work with R18 and refrains from referring to SP.
    Next to this shiny new sibling, SPETI will remain R17 only and jauntily refer to Substance Painter.

As they both rely on the exact same code (slightly modified per Cinema 4D Release) they of course both can handle textures from any origin, be it Substance Painter or different.

Due to quite some abuse in the past, I have refrained from providing a download link to the plugin.
    Instead, I will provide the plugin on request only. To obtain this I will need the requesting person to provide me (via private message) with a valid serial number of Cinema 4D (first 11 digits only of course), and an e-mail address. The plugin will then be sent by e-mail. Additionally, I will include a link to Paypal, but will leave it up to you to decide if you want to donate something, something more, or nothing at all ... Whatever you feel this plugin is worth to you.
    It's a new scheme I am trying out, in order to avoid the abusive downloading and distribution of work, some unrespectful take credit for.

Depending the serial number I will provide you with SPETI or TINA ... yes, I know how to read serial numbers ;-)

(*) I know, sarcasm doesn't translate well in written words.

C4DS, I want to offer belated apologize to you for not providing feedback as I said I would last spring. I had some health issues earlier this year that generally pulled me out of doing any 3d for quite awhile.

I am very interested in this plugin, which is its status,  where I can get it.

This is a really end ? :(

• Topic Author
  • On 7/6/2019 at 10:54 PM, PiotrCrass said:

This is a really end ? :(

What do you mean?

According to your profile you're using R18, and as far as I remember you have received the TINA plugin for your R18.

I haven't updated the plugin, as there was no real interest. Besides, what more features could I had?

I understood people had their specific workflow and as such SPETI or TINA wasn't really needed to the majority of users.

I had received a request for the plugin from 9 people in total, all of them received the plugin. And half of them provided a donation. Again, thank you to those who donated.