Sign in to follow this  
Igor

C4D Cafe stability and optimization!?

Question for the members. How dose Cafe feels now after we did many things to improve it? Many things are not seen right away, but I did optimize so much in past few days, specially Google ADs. We are trying not to put so much of them, so what are your thoughts guts? Optimization should be most visible on mobile phones and tablets as now all Google ADs are responsive and correspond with the size of the screen.

There are some more stuff to do, but I think most of the stuff is good now, specially stability of the server. I didn't have a crash for a long time now.

We also moving everything to You Tube so that members have easier access to tutorials, so feel free to subscribe. Members are more than welcome to upload their stuff to You Tube as we are going to use YT as primary free to watch tutorials there. More things coming in the future! 

C4D Cafe YouTube Channel

Also we introduce new Google Drive storage for all the stuff we have to share and lets give some love to @teknow for all the help and for sharing all those files. They are very handy for newbies!

Thanks for all the help fellow artist! Let make this community great again... :cowboypistol:

Igor

P.S. - if there are someone enough skilled to make new YT cover and banner for community, that would be great. I suck with vectors and all that stuff! :slysmile:

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

Everything looks smooth so far, only thing I noticed is that the avatars do not work correctly on phones.

The circle is stretched.

• Topic Author
  • 2 hours ago, aelhofy said:

Everything looks smooth so far, only thing I noticed is that the avatars do not work correctly on phones.

The circle is stretched. 

Screenshot_20160520-111501.png

Thanks for the comment. I am aware of that to, its because of the plugin, but I am not sure why no one bother to fix that. Its a nice add on for the profile picture edge, but for the web version, not so much for the mobiles.

Igor

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

3 hours ago, SIgor said:

Thanks for the comment. I am aware of that to, its because of the plugin, but I am not sure why no one bother to fix that. Its a nice add on for the profile picture edge, but for the web version, not so much for the mobiles.

Igor

I'm no web designer or anything. But, I have some fairly basic knowledge in HTML and CSS. This thing can be easily fixed with two or three lines of code.

Just a line to set the right height of the circle with I guess one more as a condition to only apply it to mobile phones. So, It doesn't screw it up for PCs and tablets. 

• Topic Author
  • Do you think you could fix it and do you think you could fix this thing in the attachment I uploaded?!

We can pay you if needed.

Igor

unreadcontent.jpg

21 minutes ago, SIgor said:

Do you think you could fix it and do you think you could fix this thing in the attachment I uploaded?!

We can pay you if needed.

Igor

unreadcontent.jpg

I think I can fix the avatar issue, I'm taking a look at the activity one right now.

I'll try to figure it out.

• Topic Author
  • @aelhofy thats great , let me know if you manage to do something! :cowboypistol:

Igor

Just now, SIgor said:

@aelhofy thats great , let me know if you manage to do something! :cowboypistol:

Igor

Keep an eye on your PM, I'll contact you there If I got it fixed.

Cheers

• Topic Author
  • Big thanks to @aelhofy as he helped us to fix all the problems with the theme on the C4D Cafe. From this point, everything should work great on the Cafe including mobile and tablets.  Happy browsing to all! :) 

Cheers,

Igor

Yeah things are looking better. Well done :)

Yep, definitely going in the right direction!

One idea is can we increase the size of the little orange circle that you tap on to jump to latest unread post within the thread? I'm always struggling to tap it on the iPad without zooming in first.

cheers

• Topic Author
  • 11 minutes ago, briand said:

Yep, definitely going in the right direction!

One idea is can we increase the size of the little orange circle that you tap on to jump to latest unread post within the thread? I'm always struggling to tap it on the iPad without zooming in first.

cheers

Thanks briand, we are going to look into that. :cowboypistol:

Igor