Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Topic Author
  • Honey Bee Queen at work. :)

Cinema 4D R16 and vray

Honey.jpg

clay.jpg

Looks pretty good. Good Job!

There's just something weird with the wings on the left side of the final render. I'm not sure if it's from the Motion Blur or nah. But It looks wrong.

Other than, It's pretty good.

Ahmed

Nice work on the fur there.

• Topic Author
  • Thank you for your Feedback.

@aelhofy Right i did this in PS and the wings are the weakest part of the Character, maybe  i change that. not happy with it.  thanks

@grain Thank you, glad you like it.

I love the fur on the bee! It looks so good. The crown seems almost too clean considering how much detail everything else has. But I really like how the crown almost looks like it's made of honey.

My only big objection is that queen bees don't do any of that kind of work! That's the worker bees job. The queen stays in the hive and lays eggs.

4 minutes ago, Greatszalam said:

I love the fur on the bee! It looks so good. The crown seems almost too clean considering how much detail everything else has. But I really like how the crown almost looks like it's made of honey.

My only big objection is that queen bees don't do any of that kind of work! That's the worker bees job. The queen stays in the hive and lays eggs.

NERD DETECTED :D. lol, just kidding. You're actually right though.

Although the name might imply it, a queen bee does not directly control the hive. Her sole function is to serve as the reproducer. A well-mated and well-fed queen of quality stock can lay about 1,500 eggs per day during the spring build-up—more than her own body weight in eggs every day. She is continuously surrounded by worker bees who meet her every need, giving her food and disposing of her waste. The attendant workers also collect and then distribute queen mandibular pheromone, a pheromone that inhibits the workers from starting queen cells.[7]

The queen bee is able to control the sex of the eggs she lays. The queen lays a fertilized (female) or unfertilized (male) egg according to the width of the cell. Drones are raised in cells that are significantly larger than the cells used for workers. The queen fertilizes the egg by selectively releasing sperm from her spermatheca as the egg passes through her oviduct.

#TheMoreYouKnow

5 minutes ago, aelhofy said:

NERD DETECTED :D. lol, just kidding. You're actually right though.

I had to restrain myself from typing a lot more about bees (I actually had a bunch typed out, but deleted it). Looks like you filled in for me though! TWIN NERDS! :lol:

3 minutes ago, Greatszalam said:

I had to restrain myself from typing a lot more about bees (I actually had a bunch typed out, but deleted it). Looks like you filled in for me though! TWIN NERDS! :lol:

DANG IT. I fell into the trap, YOU DECEIVED ME. :lol:

• Topic Author
  • Dear Nerds :lol:

Im aware of that they don't work, i thought about to write it in the initial post...  so let's pretend she became the honeypot as a gift from a worker bee... ok? ::):

thanks, glad you like the fur. I put some work in that. The honey crown was intentional, but yeah maybe to clean

47 minutes ago, black said:

Dear Nerds :lol:

Im aware of that they don't work, i thought about to write it in the initial post...  so let's pretend she became the honeypot as a gift from a worker bee... ok? ::):

thanks, glad you like the fur. I put some work in that. The honey crown was intentional, but yeah maybe to clean

:lol::lol:

You really did a good job on the fur, just fix those wings and this would be perfect -not that perfect though hence the queen still doesn't work, but you get the idea :wackywink:-

Cheers,

Ahmed

2 hours ago, aelhofy said:

DANG IT. I fell into the trap, YOU DECEIVED ME. :lol:

Yeah, the honeypot trap :wackywink:

2 hours ago, black said:

Gosh, I just keep looking at that fur. It's really pretty.

Since you've got such lovely detail in the rest of your scene, you could consider sculpting some veins into the wings. That might help them look a bit nicer. Also, you've given us the full render and the clay render, how about some wireframes?

• Topic Author

you could consider sculpting some veins into the wings

That's a good idea, thank you.  The mesh is quite dense so nothing im proud of, maybe if i redo some parts. :)