Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robbing

Bernie droid

Guest ppicasso

Fantastic

• Topic Author
  • 17 hours ago, maliohammad said:

if you wanna add roughness maps to your reflection  and click that small black arrow , and thats it is 
    this work with cinema 4d r16+ not working on older versions 

Screen Shot 2016-06-10 at 4.42.02 AM.png

This is how I did for now. The issue comes from the grainy look that need a lot samples in render to looks good. Or I don´t know how to do it look better yet.

I put the roughness map from Substance painter in  layer mask,looks better than in the roughness channel to me. Also I add strong contrast to this texture,20% brightness and 20% roughness. If not use x% roughness it looks like a wet metal,know what I mean? 

I haven´t seen anything of SP maps to C4D yet around internet. So I´m attempt. If you have better way,please let me know. 

thanks Malio

• Topic Author
  • 17 hours ago, SIgor said:

Amazing work buddy, good job. :)

Igor

15 hours ago, agoddard said:

Fantastic

Thanks fellas ;)

5 hours ago, robbing said:

This is how I did for now. The issue comes from the grainy look that need a lot samples in render to looks good. Or I don´t know how to do it look better yet.

I put the roughness map from Substance painter in  layer mask,looks better than in the roughness channel to me. Also I add strong contrast to this texture,20% brightness and 20% roughness. If not use x% roughness it looks like a wet metal,know what I mean? 

I haven´t seen anything of SP maps to C4D yet around internet. So I´m attempt. If you have better way,please let me know. 

thanks Malio

to get rid of noise you should use physical renderer which will give you smoother results with a lot faster results , 

and remember if you insert the maps in the roughness tap , you should increase the strength of roughness to some thing hight , 80-100

and I don't know what is SP maps , do you mean "substance designer maps "? 
    also there is a plugin to import textures from substance painter to c4d , with a lot of control 

check out this video : 

by the way sorry for being late :D

Screen Shot 2016-06-11 at 4.20.58 AM.png

That's some wonderful texturing work, i'm envious !

• Topic Author
  • 13 hours ago, maliohammad said:

to get rid of noise you should use physical renderer which will give you smoother results with a lot faster results , 

and remember if you insert the maps in the roughness tap , you should increase the strength of roughness to some thing hight , 80-100

and I don't know what is SP maps , do you mean "substance designer maps "? 
    also there is a plugin to import textures from substance painter to c4d , with a lot of control 

check out this video : 

by the way sorry for being late :D

Screen Shot 2016-06-11 at 4.20.58 AM.png

I tried the plugin but not works in my C4D,also I have been read not so good things about this plugin. 

There is not much people using SP with C4D. SP is more for develop games assets and C4D more for motion graphics.

SP= Substance Painter. Yes.

I gonna try your method. Thanks for your time.

• Topic Author
  • 34 minutes ago, shaddam said:

That's some wonderful texturing work, i'm envious !

Glad you like it.

Is all about procedural textures. You can do in C4D with a little extra work,however in SP is pretty fast with a pre made material I did (color,reflections,scratches,dirty,worn edges...) just a mouse click! I love it.

Then,some work in PS if you want to add more realistic textures or some stickers.

1 minute ago, robbing said:

Glad you like it.

Is all about procedural textures. You can do in C4D with a little extra work,however in SP is pretty fast with a pre made material I did (color,reflections,scratches,dirty,worn edges...) just a mouse click! I love it.

Then,some work in PS if you want to add more realistic textures or some stickers.

Indeed agreed with you with the procedural texture work. Texturing was never my strong point over the years of working with 3D applications, SP is something i think i may be looking into in the near future though :)

• Topic Author
  • 10 minutes ago, shaddam said:

Indeed agreed with you with the procedural texture work. Texturing was never my strong point over the years of working with 3D applications, SP is something i think i may be looking into in the near future though :)

::):

However,if you get a physical render in C4D that looks like in SP viewport.... please,let me know ASAP!

another tip::): don't use GI with metallic visualisation , if it is pure reflection then GI will never make deference