Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robbing

Bernie droid

That's some wonderful texturing work, i'm envious !

• Topic Author
  • 13 hours ago, maliohammad said:

to get rid of noise you should use physical renderer which will give you smoother results with a lot faster results , 

and remember if you insert the maps in the roughness tap , you should increase the strength of roughness to some thing hight , 80-100

and I don't know what is SP maps , do you mean "substance designer maps "? 
    also there is a plugin to import textures from substance painter to c4d , with a lot of control 

check out this video : 

by the way sorry for being late :D

Screen Shot 2016-06-11 at 4.20.58 AM.png

I tried the plugin but not works in my C4D,also I have been read not so good things about this plugin. 

There is not much people using SP with C4D. SP is more for develop games assets and C4D more for motion graphics.

SP= Substance Painter. Yes.

I gonna try your method. Thanks for your time.

• Topic Author
  • 34 minutes ago, shaddam said:

That's some wonderful texturing work, i'm envious !

Glad you like it.

Is all about procedural textures. You can do in C4D with a little extra work,however in SP is pretty fast with a pre made material I did (color,reflections,scratches,dirty,worn edges...) just a mouse click! I love it.

Then,some work in PS if you want to add more realistic textures or some stickers.

1 minute ago, robbing said:

Glad you like it.

Is all about procedural textures. You can do in C4D with a little extra work,however in SP is pretty fast with a pre made material I did (color,reflections,scratches,dirty,worn edges...) just a mouse click! I love it.

Then,some work in PS if you want to add more realistic textures or some stickers.

Indeed agreed with you with the procedural texture work. Texturing was never my strong point over the years of working with 3D applications, SP is something i think i may be looking into in the near future though :)

• Topic Author
  • 10 minutes ago, shaddam said:

Indeed agreed with you with the procedural texture work. Texturing was never my strong point over the years of working with 3D applications, SP is something i think i may be looking into in the near future though :)

::):

However,if you get a physical render in C4D that looks like in SP viewport.... please,let me know ASAP!

another tip::): don't use GI with metallic visualisation , if it is pure reflection then GI will never make deference

• Topic Author
  • 32 minutes ago, maliohammad said:

another tip::): don't use GI with metallic visualisation , if it is pure reflection then GI will never make deference

I need GI for future compositing. Will be animated in real world. I don´t understand very well what do you say,sorry.

BTW,

Putting the map on roughness don´t works. Seems like C4D don´t recognize these kind of maps. 

Left- in roughness tab 80%

Right- in layer mask 20%

Thanks in any case ;)

Captura de pantalla 2016-06-11 a la(s) 22.51.39.png

10 hours ago, robbing said:

I tried the plugin but not works in my C4D,also I have been read not so good things about this plugin. 

There is not much people using SP with C4D. SP is more for develop games assets and C4D more for motion graphics.

SP= Substance Painter. Yes.

I gonna try your method. Thanks for your time.

you are welcome :D 
    about the plugin just contact the developers about your problem , and C4d can do much than motion graphics ....

about the roughness problem I am not why it is happening 
    about the physical render like the one in SP you should work with physical materials , c4d is capable of making physical based materials , but in alit bit different work flow , check : http://www.c4d.cz/article.aspx?a=127

check the description and the introduction video to know more what I mean :D 

I didn't see your previous 2 comments before until now , 

Good Luck in your project 

• Topic Author
  • 20 hours ago, maliohammad said:

you are welcome :D 
    about the plugin just contact the developers about your problem , and C4d can do much than motion graphics ....

about the roughness problem I am not why it is happening 
    about the physical render like the one in SP you should work with physical materials , c4d is capable of making physical based materials , but in alit bit different work flow , check : http://www.c4d.cz/article.aspx?a=127

check the description and the introduction video to know more what I mean :D 

I didn't see your previous 2 comments before until now , 

Good Luck in your project 

is a good technique. i don´t know much about it,but I know a little bit how it works.

However,roughness map from SP still not work properly in both cases.

take a look: Let me know which one have GI turn on? Different material processing but both same physical values.

Captura de pantalla 2016-06-13 a la(s) 00.48.39.png

2 minutes ago, robbing said:

is a good technique. i don´t know much about it,but I know a little bit how it works.

However,roughness map from SP still not work properly in both cases.

take a look: Let me know which one have GI turn on? Different material processing but both same physical values.

Captura de pantalla 2016-06-13 a la(s) 00.48.39.png

I can't tell you a lot about your issue with roughness maps , because it depends on your sen and maps 

so I can't help you with this

2- I think the GI turned on on the one with 1:05 render time( the left one ) is it true ? 

• Topic Author
  • 37 minutes ago, maliohammad said:

I can't tell you a lot about your issue with roughness maps , because it depends on your sen and maps 

so I can't help you with this

2- I think the GI turned on on the one with 1:05 render time( the left one ) is it true ? 

No worries,thanks for your help ;)

GI is on the right,0:35. No make sense,right?

Is true that the left one have 10% sharp filter,but it could be add 5 seconds more or less. And the GI on the right have low values however same physical calculations. But the fact both looks almost same and there is not flicker or grainy look in animation with GI

However is a good technique to investigate,I´m not very familiar with it yet.  For sure looks good without GI too.

Thanks

Just now, robbing said:

No worries,thanks for your help ;)

GI is on the right,0:35. No make sense,right?

Is true that the left one have 10% sharp filter,but it could be add 5 seconds more or less. And the GI on the right have low values however same physical calculations. But the fact both looks almost same and there is not flicker or grainy look in animation with GI

However is a good technique to investigate,I´m not very familiar with it yet.  For sure looks good without GI too.

Thanks

you are welcome

I thought it was the 1:05 because a week ago I tried to render the same scene with GI and it took longer (2.5 slower than without GI ) 

and flicker happens with low values in animation with cached GI (irradiance cache) 

really it make a lot of flicker 

QMC in the other hand don't make flicker but it takes longer 

and in such a simple scene you won't see any big deference 

and why add sharp in render ? add it in post this will save you some extra minutes (if you are doing an animation )

best regards ,

PS: the photo is the GI setup I have used :D

Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 3.16.01 AM.png