Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CoacoExtreme

.c4d converts

Sorry, this might be the most stupidest question out of this entire forum. But I really need this problem to be solved!  As you already know from the title... I need help on converting .c4d file format to .mov or .mp4. I've already tried to set the output to Quick Time Player, but when I save it again. It just goes into .c4d again. Again sorry for asking if this question is stupid, but I need to know how to do it. :confused:

I have not used C4D Lite before myself so I may be wrong on this but...

C4D Lite is meant to be used within After Affects. So the workflow is to load your c4d file into a composition in After Effects and then you simply render out your after effects scene as a .mov or mp4. 

This video, or others like it, may help:

To the OP...

If I understand you correctly...and what you tried to do, I must say:

.C4D is not a movie file! C4D files cannot be played with ANY video player.

A person can use c4d to create movie files...through a process called "rendering" and can store those rendered frames as a quicktime file-- which has the .mov file extension. 

You open a .c4d file ONLY with the application C4D. It containes your 3d scene and animation.

Once you've created the .mov then of course you can see the fruit of your labor in Quicktime or any other video player.

You do not "convert" a c4d file to quicktime.