automated objects replacing with instances

Masterpie

so as i say in the title is there something like this -a plugin,script or some way to do this

in fact i found,i can say a half of the solution here with this script-(i didn't try it yet) http://forums.cgsociety.org/archive/index.php?t-1126139.html . or here http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=288976 so you can convert many objects to instances at once

....but it would be very handful if C4d could automatically select all the objects which are identical(by geometry) because i know that i can select all the objects which has same material,but i have for example many objects which have the same material but have different geometry

i hope it make sense

ok, here it is, you must select an editable, polygonal object, doesn't work with splines or generators, but maybe i can include that if i see a need for it.

place in the scripts folder :\MAXON\CINEMA4D RXX\library\scripts

the options are as follows:

modes:
Select Similar Objects - this only selects the other geometry equal objects in the scene (I actually use this quite often, but till today i used an old and more buggy script :)
Replace with instances - self explaining option :lol:
options:

render instances - turns on the option in the newly created objects

ignore materials - by default the script takes into account the materials applied to the objects, so you don't replace an objects that has the same geometry, but different textures

SimilarGeometry.py

SimilarGeometry.tif

ok thank you very much,so it's selecting only the objects which has the exact same size....i posted here a link to a script that does that,but unfortunately i saw that the objects which i have are not the exact same size(but has the exact same geometry) it would be wonderful if it can select objects only by same geometry,yet i don't know if it's possible something like that

but i saw another talk here in the forum which are some scripts/plugins for making multiple objects have the exact same size but kuroyume python doesn't work for me and the links to coffee scripts doesn't work anymore

i would much appreciate it if you could create a plugin which can do that (making objects have the exact same size in all 3 axis)

Archived