Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Masterpie

automated objects replacing with instances

• Topic Author
  • so as i say in the title is there something like this -a plugin,script or some way to do this

in fact i found,i can say a half of the solution here with this script-(i didn't try it yet) http://forums.cgsociety.org/archive/index.php?t-1126139.html . or here http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=288976 so you can convert many objects to instances at once

....but it would be very handful if C4d could automatically select all the objects which are identical(by geometry) because i know that i can select all the objects which has same material,but i have for example many objects which have the same material but have different geometry

i hope it make sense

• Topic Author
  • i also found this script based on same size but it doesn't work for me -( i've checked errors) http://creativetuts.com/python-script-select-all-other-objects-which-has-same-size-of-selected-object/

sorry...it works but it doesn't work in the scene i need it...now i investigate why...

Did you try Instance Vault created by Fractality?

http://www.fractality.de/plugins.html

There´s a lot options for working with instancies, buttons are selfexplanated, but videotutorial on Vimeo worth to look (and maybe some coffeemoney if plugin usable for you)

• Topic Author
  • yes i looked at it already, but for what i saw it doesn't do what i want - to select all objects which are identical from geometry point of view and than convert them to instances

that would be a useful command :) I'll make it later

• Topic Author
  • that would be fantastic if you could make it ...thank you!

hey bratko pa ti si edin od moite,az sam balgarin no od Rumania...biah v Ruse

ok, here it is, you must select an editable, polygonal object, doesn't work with splines or generators, but maybe i can include that if i see a need for it.

place in the scripts folder :\MAXON\CINEMA4D RXX\library\scripts

the options are as follows:

modes:
    Select Similar Objects - this only selects the other geometry equal objects in the scene (I actually use this quite often, but till today i used an old and more buggy script :)
    Replace with instances - self explaining option :lol:
    options:

render instances - turns on the option in the newly created objects

ignore materials - by default the script takes into account the materials applied to the objects, so you don't replace an objects that has the same geometry, but different textures

SimilarGeometry.py

SimilarGeometry.tif

48 minutes ago, Masterpie said:

hey bratko pa ti si edin od moite,az sam balgarin no od Rumania...biah v Ruse

Jiv i zdrav da si brat :)

• Topic Author
  • ok thank you very much,so it's selecting only the objects which has the exact same size....i posted here a link to a script that does that,but unfortunately i saw that the objects which i have are not the exact same size(but has the exact same geometry) it would be wonderful if it can select objects only by same geometry,yet i don't know if it's possible something like that

but i saw another talk here in the forum which are some scripts/plugins for making multiple objects have the exact same size but kuroyume python doesn't work for me and the links to coffee scripts doesn't work anymore

i would much appreciate it if you could create a plugin which can do that (making objects have the exact same size in all 3 axis)