Igor

New Forum Enchantments BLOG / SUPPORT etc.

• Topic Author
  • 10 hours ago, maliohammad said:

good job 

waiting the challenges .... :D 

Thanks you, much appreciated. ::):

Igor

• Like 1

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

In the past, google ads where positioned at the top and bottom of the page. Now they appear right between the first and second topic. Or when you open a topic, the ad gets positioned between the first and second reply.

In the past few days, I didn't even have google ads at all. Now they're back (dont really mind), but they're current position is slightly annoying. I much preferred the old way.

Edit:

I see. Yesterday I was a "Cafe Contributor", now I seem to have been degraded to "Regular Member". That's probably the reason the google ads have re-appeared.

Edited by C4DS
    'more info

• Topic Author
  • Hey @C4DS, thanks for the feedback. We found this much more eye appealing because TOP google ads toked way more space and Nigel was frustrated about those, just like you are with this, so what should I do now? We removed G Ads from front page, as they was way to ugly and we got rid of those for good, is this so bad that you would parish from C4D Cafe and never came back? If nothing, we gave our members some options. Personally I think its fair having system where members that are contributing to the Cafe have some benefits like not seeing G ADs at all. Simple BRONZE supporter badge will make all those G ADs non visible or having at least 500 posts and G Ads are gone, isnt that fair? I as admin have all ads on and I found it very pleasing and non destructive, they fit nicely, but again thats just me. Trust me I would like to please all but its impossible. I hope you get use to it, or you'll become bronze supporter or simply be more engaged on the forums and ADs are gone, 500 posts and ADs are gone. :) And wee need those, those ads helps running Cafe...simple as that.

RE member titles: For some reason system cant properly decide who's who, so I need to give titles manually, which is a pain. If nothing few more posts and your title will change to Cafe Contributor. ;)

Regards,

Igor

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

Igor, no need to try and please all. That's just impossible.

I only wanted to provide feedback. With the recent changes I noticed my level changed to cafe contributor, while it just used to be cafe oldtimer. Then this morning I was regular member. Now I am back to cafe oldtimer. No worries about my level/title actually.
    I contribute where I can, replying and providing answers. But over the 11 years I have been member I still have only reached 380 posts. Why? Because I simply don't have all the answers to reply everyone, nor do I just post messages to raise my post count. So, to reach 500 I would have to make useless posts.
    I have been gold member in the past more than once, and believe me, I have considered making some recent donations ... instead, I have shared the few plugins I have been making, on the cafe's forum only. You won't find these anywhere else (unless someone's infringing copyright and starts to distribute them).
    This is my way to contribute to the cafe as my posts are limited in count (average of 38 posts per year).

Now, don't get me wrong. I am not asking to be handled differently then anyone else. Your cafe policy and rules are fair enough, no need to make any exceptions for me or anyone else.

I' am just providing my side of the story. I am only providing feedback. Again, no need to please all.

• Like 1

Is it me or does everyone else have to change the "Unread content" options to filter out blog entries? Those blog entries appearing every time because their posted date is wrong. The posted date can be changed by editing the cafe's database. Best done using PhpMyAdmin.

Seems bizarre that I have to change "Content Types" options every time I vew new content. Just having it set on topics isn't retained.

Yeah things are better without so many ads. I was always concious of not going over the top with ads even though I could have made more money from them. The Google ads ironically are a nice little earner thank you very much :)

• Topic Author
  • @C4DS,

Fair enough, when you say it like that, story gets another perspective. But its really hard to determine those things, because I would need to check every member in details which would need so much time to invest. We just want to be fair and give at least something in return, specially to members that are more engaged with the community. We are not perfect, but we are working on it, at least we are trying. You are now Cafe Contributor and your stay should be more enjoyable. :) 

Thanks for the good view point of things, that changed my perspective for sure and will keep an eye on those details.

Cheers,

Igor

• Topic Author
  • 6 minutes ago, 3DKiwi said:

Is it me or does everyone else have to change the "Unread content" options to filter out blog entries? Those blog entries appearing every time because their posted date is wrong. The posted date can be changed by editing the cafe's database. Best done using PhpMyAdmin.

Seems bizarre that I have to change "Content Types" options every time I vew new content. Just having it set on topics isn't retained.

Yeah things are better without so many ads. I was always concious of not going over the top with ads even though I could have made more money from them. The Google ads ironically are a nice little earner thank you very much :)

Ill look into it as I agree 100%. That could also be a bug, as I saw something on the IPS forums about those. No logic behind it! 

Igor

• Topic Author
  • 24 minutes ago, 3DKiwi said:

That was quick. Viewing new / unread content now works as I would expect. I'm not seeing the blog posts now even though I have show all content enabled.

I deleted them until I see what could be done to resolve this issue. 

3 hours ago, SIgor said:

I deleted them until I see what could be done to resolve this issue. 

Thank goodness ::): They were quite annoying.

Was that bug report that I sent you helpful in any way ?

7 hours ago, SIgor said:

@C4DS

Thanks for the good view point of things, that changed my perspective for sure and will keep an eye on those details.

You're welcome.
    And though it wasn't that important, thanks for the change of member title.

• Like 1