Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Masterpie

large file optimization

• Topic Author
  • 13 minutes ago, maliohammad said:

for the texture , in the material , got to defter tab , then define the preview size 

maybe you wanna say editor tab...i know about that

2 minutes ago, Masterpie said:

so ram and graphics do count after all for the viewport if you using higher preview size

They do IF yours is getting filled. If they're not getting filled, then no.

• Topic Author
  • ok i understand,thanks  

i kinda slightly deviate the topic from my first question....so aelhofy..or any other- what do you think about using instances or connect objects as one,which is better?

for example in a building

11 minutes ago, Masterpie said:

ok i understand,thanks  

i kinda slightly deviate the topic from my first question....so aelhofy..or any other- what do you think about using instances or connect objects as one,which is better?

for example in a building

I'm not sure if there's a noticeable performance improvement when connecting objects. I personally would approach a similar project by using Xrefs for the actual "unique" objects, so I can easily edit them without having to solo things and waste time and then use Instances if you're having multiple copies of it.

• Topic Author
  • but does C4d will runs better if i use Xrefs? then why not using also Xrefs on this textures?

Just now, Masterpie said:

but does C4d will runs better if i use Xrefs?

Technically, it should.

then why not using also Xrefs on this textures?

I'm not sure you understand exactly how Xrefs works.

XRefs are references to external Project files and make it easier for Projects to be edited by several people. 

FpqNCGE.jpg

If you won't be doing any animations to these building, Keep the Xref as a generator. That should make loading the file faster.

Generator

XRef objects can now be defined as Generators. No individual objects will then not be imported into the master Project and the XRef object will quasi instance the reference Project (as was done with older XRef projects). This lets you keep the master Project’s file size to a minimum. The disadvantage: Individual objects can no longer be modified, linked to Expressions or animated within the master Project. The XRef object itself can, however, still be animated or deformed.

pWzuvQ2.jpg

• Topic Author
  • 3 minutes ago, aelhofy said:

I'm not sure you understand exactly how Xrefs works.

XRefs are references to external Project files and make it easier for Projects to be edited by several people. 

yes i maybe don't understand exactly.....i was referring to use Xrefs on objects on which these textures are applied,can't i do that? 

and if it's possible wouldn't be that better?

yes i maybe don't understand exactly.....i was referring to use Xrefs on objects on which these textures are applied,can't i do that? 

and if it's possible wouldn't be that better?

Since the floor is a single plane. Xrefs would be quite useless there.

• Topic Author
  •  

2 minutes ago, aelhofy said:

Since the floor is a single plane. Xrefs would be quite useless there.

that i surely don't understand,why is that?