Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Masterpie

large file optimization

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Masterpie said:

so you basically say that you just put your objects in the cloner and check render instances,isn't it?

i did try it with my 2 big textures and i did see quite a double improvement in FPS Calculator from 6,7 to 13,14 fps.

Excellent!...Thank You very much!!! Check it out guys!

you are welcome , also there is the part when I made proxy switch dependent on the camera distance 
you can use it with a single object , by inserting the high poly object and the low poly object the cloner , then make the count = 1

then change cloner mode to sort , 

then use a plain effector with PSR disabled , with a falloff  to switch between the object and the proxy , for this you can check the last 3 minutes of the video 

Share this post


Link to post
  • Topic Author
  • 12 hours ago, maliohammad said:

    you are welcome , also there is the part when I made proxy switch dependent on the camera distance 
    you can use it with a single object , by inserting the high poly object and the low poly object the cloner , then make the count = 1

    then change cloner mode to sort , 

    then use a plain effector with PSR disabled , with a falloff  to switch between the object and the proxy , for this you can check the last 3 minutes of the video 

    yes,but this technique,as far as i understand it,works just for geometry not for textures,isn't it?

    and if i want to use this technique to a building,for example,than i would have to have a low poly version of this building also,in order to have that low poly proxy,right?

    Share this post


    Link to post

    nope , you can use it with textures , just make a proxy texture , put it on the proxy object , and the 10k texture on the main object and use the same technique 

     

    low poly proxy = low poly version of the object (may be a cube , or any simple modelled object )

    proxy texture = low resolution texture :D 

    hope this is helpful 

    Share this post


    Link to post
  • Topic Author
  • 3 hours ago, maliohammad said:

    nope , you can use it with textures , just make a proxy texture , put it on the proxy object , and the 10k texture on the main object and use the same technique 

    i tried with textures,but it's not working based on falloff area,i mean it switches the entire texture area with the entire proxy texture area

    here is my test,i don't know what i'm doing wrong,i tried to tweak many settings in the plain effector

    test.1.c4d  and this is the texture http://www.filedropper.com/groundgrass0022801tiled

    Share this post


    Link to post
    10 hours ago, Masterpie said:

    i tried with textures,but it's not working based on falloff area,i mean it switches the entire texture area with the entire proxy texture area

    here is my test,i don't know what i'm doing wrong,i tried to tweak many settings in the plain effector

    test.1.c4d  and this is the texture http://www.filedropper.com/groundgrass0022801tiled

    first , the falloff area of your project is too small , it is not a texture problem , because in the initial c4d file that you sent it didn't change the object 

    I made a sample scene with animation so you can understand me better 

    if you can't make the falloff too big , because you want it to affect other smaller objects as well just create another plain effector , so you will have one for the big landscape , and one for the buildings
    check the file ,

    if you have further questions , just feel free to ask them 

    maybe it is better to use another falloff shape if this is not giving you the desired  results

    test.1.c4d

    Share this post


    Link to post
  • Topic Author
  • 5 hours ago, maliohammad said:

    first , the falloff area of your project is too small , it is not a texture problem , because in the initial c4d file that you sent it didn't change the object 

    what do you mean by that - that area is too small - i should make the plane bigger or?...because i tried that and it's working the same

     

    thank you for you support.....but,will i ask you too much if you can fix my file(test.1.c4d) and show me how it's working with textures

     

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    11 hours ago, Masterpie said:

    what do you mean by that - that area is too small - i should make the plane bigger or?...because i tried that and it's working the same

     

    thank you for you support.....but,will i ask you too much if you can fix my file(test.1.c4d) and show me how it's working with textures

     

     

    I already fixed your file , just made some materials with color instead of textures , it is the same ,you can just put any material and it will work perfectly , because it is replacing the entire object with its materials no matter how it is  , but I am too lazy to download the textures  here is download of the fixed file 

     

    17 hours ago, maliohammad said:

    in this file I made the objects deferent in shape so you can notice the change of the objects with the materials

    what I mean the falloff area is too small is "your plane was too huge compared to the plain's effector falloff , falloff works if it covering a specified amount of the object (if there is 2 objects in the cloner , the falloff should cover around 50% or a little bit more )  otherwise it won't work 

    just open the test.1.c4d to know what I mean :D

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
  • Topic Author
  • i just tried your file with texture and it doesn't work...or perhaps i'm talking about something else hear...i wanted that the texture to change it's resolution just in the falloff area,but as i see -it's changing the entire texture 

    ...i used the same texture but you can try it with any texture you want,i don't know why is not working for me :confused:,i tried to change falloff size,but it's working the same -it's changing the entire area of the texture,at once

    that's why i said if you can make an example with texture....

    test.1 (2).c4d

    Share this post


    Link to post
    2 hours ago, Masterpie said:

    i just tried your file with texture and it doesn't work...or perhaps i'm talking about something else hear...i wanted that the texture to change it's resolution just in the falloff area,but as i see -it's changing the entire texture 

    ...i used the same texture but you can try it with any texture you want,i don't know why is not working for me :confused:,i tried to change falloff size,but it's working the same -it's changing the entire area of the texture,at once

    that's why i said if you can make an example with texture....

    test.1 (2).c4d

    the technique above has 2 value only : 0,1 so it means change or not change 

    oh , now I understood what did you mean , this is another story , create 2 materials , one with HQ texture , there other one with low res texture , enable the alpha channel in the HQ mat , put a "proximal" shader in the alpha channel , 

    then create new sphere (this will be the falloff controller ) , make it invisible in the renderer , and add a display tag to it , change its display mode to lines , and the style to isoparms , in the basics tab of the sphere , enable color and make it any color you want 

     

    open the proximal shader (in the HQ mat alpha channel ) and  change the value to the ones in the screenshot 

    change the falloff mode from step to another one if you want a smoother transition (then you will need to increase the intensity value up to some thing like 400% to maintain some  hardness )

    there is limitation of this technique : it won't give you real time preview , it works o only in render 

    may be some one will come up with another method to have same effect but with editor realtime preview :)

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
  • Topic Author
  • ok i tried it with the 2nd method but again i cannot get it work as it should

     

    9 hours ago, maliohammad said:

    open the proximal shader (in the HQ mat alpha channel ) and  change the value to the ones in the screenshot 

    what screenshot? do you mean these settings:

    9 hours ago, maliohammad said:

    change the falloff mode from step to another one if you want a smoother transition (then you will need to increase the intensity value up to some thing like 400% to maintain some  hardness )

    here is my test (again with the same texture) test 2.c4d (this is with different proximal shader settings as those in the images i have put it here)

    this is looking like something i wanted,only with a smoother transition test 2.jpg (you can see proximal shader settings in the right side)

    ...only that after i render it looks like this test 2_[render].jpg

     

    and (only if we can make it to work right :) ) can this proximal shader be linked to a camera,like with the plain effector?

    Share this post


    Link to post

    • Recently Browsing   0 members

      No registered users viewing this page.

    ×
    ×
    • Create New...