Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Masterpie

large file optimization

1 minute ago, Masterpie said:

yes but is this the render or just the viewport (without rendering) ?

and i want  a smoother transition between LQ and HQ,quite indistinguishable ,is this possible?

it is the renderer , but it is the  same as the editor , 

no it is impossible to make smoother transition with this technique , because you basically rotate the polygons , and each one has 2 side only :D 

but you need this to speed up workflow only ? right ?

so , this will do the job , after all , you have to render the HQ one without the LQ texture to have a bette result 

• Topic Author
  • i don't understand why here in my C4d when it's rendered all is HQ(i posted above a screenshot) i done all like you said it

i checked in the Options - Use Render LOD for Editor Rendering - even i don't know if it matters,because the render looks the same also in the Picture Viewer render

do i need to change something in the options tab of the render settings,here are mine

render settings.jpg

10 minutes ago, maliohammad said:

but you need this to speed up workflow only ? right ?

so , this will do the job , after all , you have to render the HQ one without the LQ texture to have a bette result 

yes,i don't know how will do the job if it's not looking right? :)

• Topic Author
  • oh sorry maybe i misinterpreted this

15 minutes ago, maliohammad said:

you want to say now that it will do the job if i use only HQ texture,right?

1 hour ago, Masterpie said:

oh sorry maybe i misinterpreted this

you want to say now that it will do the job if i use only HQ texture,right?

the whole the techniques above just to speed up your workflow (which I don't think is necessary , because handling High res textures is not a problem at all ) 

about your problems I don't know any thing , because it works ver good on my pc , maybe you have change some c4d default settings , like enabling backface  culling ?

finally you don't have to use any proxy texture for editor preview . why you will need to view it at full res in editor ? I have just make the preview editor size = 2048*2048 (16mb ) and it worked very fast 

• Topic Author
  • 27 minutes ago, maliohammad said:

why you will need to view it at full res in editor ?

i explained this already in the first post - i have a very large scene,an entire village exactly,with 2 textures of 20000x20000(besides the rest of the textures which are quite a bunch),so my viewport becomes kinda slow...and i need  to see those big textures at full resolution quite often (not necessarily all the time) because there are some details which i need them to see...so that's why i was thinking if there is some workaround to work more smootly

and also for the rendering,it shouldn't matter that ?- if renderer is rendering only the area which is closer to the camera in HQ and the areas which are more far to render them in LQ - wouldn't rendering be faster?

...anyway,in the end i can live with it

but hey...thank you very much for your support anyway! ....that method with cloner is quite nice

• Topic Author
  • shame,shame on me,so stupid of me!!!....i understand now why it wasn't working with the LQ and the HQ textures - because i didn't have the LQ texture in fact,i just changed Texture Preview Size  to lower resolution in the editor tab of the material and i had obviously a LQ texture,LOL!

so now,after that :) ... i was thinking that maybe will work somehow - what can we put in the Falloff Shape tab off the Plain effector when is set to Source?

can we put something like Proximal shader ,which have that smooth gradient transition?

in this file texture converter .c4d

"Source

Basically Splines, particles or polygonal objects can be used and the effect will take place within a certain distance surrounding the spline or particle (or around the object points in the case of polygonal objects)."

the text above is from c4d documentation , just right like on any component the show help 

the transition is impossible with the plain effector and the plain (without cloner ) technique 

the only way to create transition is using the proximal shader technique , which will only work on the renderer . 

does using proxy texture speed up render ? 

simply no , or almost don't 

for more details regarding this topic got to render settings -- anti-aliasing - then right click on "small fragments"--- show help , then you will understand what I mean 

and you are ver welcome :)