Cinema 4D Plugins

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

black

INSYDIUM LTD has purchased ExplosiaFX

grain    110

Ah indeed, this is cool stuff. Wonder how long it will take them to integrate it? 

3D-Pangel    246

Wow...very smart....but when it comes to that team, what else would you expect?  ;-)

Couple of interesting points about ExplosiaFX.

1) ExplosiaFX is voxel based.  So does this mean that Insydium is backing away from a FLiP solution?  Or does it mean that ExplosiaFX will become a new product for Insydium and not integrated into X-Particles?  Insydium did not really divulge too much here on what direction they are taking with this purchase other than "What does this mean for X-Particles customers --- well, watch this space as we don't want to reveal too much".    Personally, I think they are still deciding but my money is on making it a separate product and dropping FLiP development for XP.

2) ExplosiaFX is node based.  I know that Insydium has been toying with the idea of a node based interface for XP in  future releases.

3) ExplosiaFX supports OpenVDB.  That is exciting for those wishing to pursue large fluid sim's, but does not mean much unless the renderer also supports OpenVDB.  Not sure yet if ExplosiaFX has it owns renderer or not ---  I think it does based on the statement relative to OpenVDB that "ExplosiaFX removes the need to render simulated data in Softimage".  So that is exciting.  

Overall though, this is good news. Glad to see the kind folks at Insydium are really becoming aggressive about growing their already well loved product base by taking advantage of AD's stupidity to kill Softimage.

Dave

bezo    521

Looks like XParticles will be more robust and will be have a lot more features in near future...another strong player in 3d world of fire and smoke solutions maybe...

Very smart move from Insydium guys, good job...

On other way, great news for us.

ilayspire    1

Great!

Congrats to Oleg(Blackcore) and Mike(INSYDIUM LTD)!

Oleg is one of  talented Ukrainian and  Softimage user-developer

CApruzzese    104

I am not a big fan of nodes, but I'm less a fan of hand programming so I am hoping this integrates into the system they are using now, Even if not, it's a huge step forward for them and I'm guessing from past experience they will exceed all expectations. I am using turbulence FD right now and while it integrates with Particles to a large extent, having it all in one plugin would be awesome.