Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Masterpie

Attributes shortcuts

• Topic Author
  • Is there a possibility to assign shortcut to an attribute of a tool,like for an example - spacing for knife tool when is in plane mode

For single attributes no, but you can create script for every tool with specific values of attributes, assign some icon, create/add to layout and add shortcuts ofcourse...

• Topic Author
  • Author of the topic Posted

mmm :) ok,i don't know how to do this....if anybody knows and wants to do that i will be very happy

thanks!

Can you tell me how parameters you need change  (exact values), then I´ll create few scripts as example and you create all others...It´s really simple...

So, give me few screenshots (as in my post) with different setings what you need ( 2 or 3, all others you create yourself)

screen_example.png

• Topic Author

Hey,that's great!  i wanted in fact just that spacing attribute,cause i wanted to be able to change it on the fly,i mean to be able to see how those cut lines are spaced "live".Normally you can't see this,because when you move your mouse cursor to Attributes manager to change the spacing value the cut lines dissapear

...so just Spacing...if you want to make shortcuts for other attributes - no problem :)

I was ment exact values, because for instance I have X-Y plane, but you need X-Z maybe...Or you don´t want create n-gons etc...

You can have for instance spacing 1, 20 and 50 in all three planes, what´s i fact 9 scripts (then can be toggled by another script etc...)

All scripts will containt all parameters of knife tool, but with different values...

• Topic Author

I hope we are talking about the same problem here :)

I just wanted one keyboard shortcut for spacing (or maybe 2 - like up arrow for increasing and down arrow for decreasing)

from 0.1 cm to how much it goes

and to be able to do this no matter how the rest of the parameters are set...if it's possible

I´m not sure if possible for instance increase/decrease single value in current tool...

There´s no way to set other value interactively (with other key modifiers like Shift,Alt or Ctrl)

My solution is based on calling tools with different setings. (loop, line or plane by single click/shortcut)

To be more clear...

Press K as knife with default values, press K~1 for knife with spacing 1, press K~2~0 for spacing 20 etc (or other shortcuts...)

• Topic Author

ok....it's not enough for me :)

or maybe if it's ,at least,a solution to see those knife tool cut lines in the editor view when you change the spacing values(in the way which it is now in C4d) because as it is now you have to guess how much you have to increase it or decrease it...if you could see the lines you could at least eyeball it

now you can see those "preview" cut lines only if you hover the mouse over the selected polygons