MAXON is happy to invite you to a 'MAXON User Meetings 2017' which are taking place on 29.09. in Cologne, 06.10. in Hamburg, 13.10. in Munich. Regardless where you are, you are more than welcome to join the meeting. :)

For some more information please click HERE!

Cutman

Cycles for C4D

Cutman    125

I have just heard a rumour that Insydium are bringing Cycles to C4D.

Nothing more I can say other than can anyone else confirm the rumour as fact or have I fallen for a hoax?

• Like 1

existe    11

Received the Insydium newsletter that basically spoke of it

grain    97

Ha holy shuz that'd be interesting. I have faith that whatever those guys do it'll be interesting at least.

Unmastered    47

That would be lovely since I feel cycles is way better at photorealism than C4D physical render and also much much faster. 

Zmotive    49

Nice. This is the open-source render tech used in Blender right? Make sure I'm not talking about a different Cycles tech. 

"To use Cycles, it must be set as the active render engine in the top header. Once that is done, interactive rendering can be started by setting a 3D View editor to draw mode Rendered using Shift-Z. The render will keep updating as modifications are done, such as changing a material color, changing a lamp’s intensity or moving objects around. To perform a full render go to Properties > Render w here you can either choose to render a still image or an Animation. Cycles may be able to use your GPU to render. To see if and how you can use your GPU for rendering, see the documentation on GPU Rendering."

Mind already wandering as to how the creative minds at Insydium might integrate this / what workflows might be accelerated by it. Rapid previewing of large-scale particle systems perhaps? If so, please in the name of all that is holy and good, make Mac / AMD cards  first class citizens in this new workflow.

[Just got the newsletter, seems to suggest a nice integration with XP which would be fantastic. In the absence of a new MAXON viewport better able to handle large particle systems, a specialized viewport from Insydium would be fantastic assuming it continues the same quality of XP. That would be a "take my money!" scenario.]

:wackywink:

Edouard    18
On 7/28/2016 at 1:35 AM, Mauriciopc said:

That would be lovely since I feel cycles is way better at photorealism than C4D physical render and also much much faster. 

Like others it's mostly updated way more frequently than C4D physical render. At the rate things progress in third party renderers right now MAXON should do the same to not finish completely behind one day. 

Cutman    125

Cycles coming to C4D is a very interesting prospect as Cycles development continues at pace and who knows where MAXON intends to take the Physical renderer if anywhere?

As we've decided to scale back on 3D work the whole GPU rendering becomes more attractive to quickly turning around small projects. We are waiting for Sierra to decide whether we use eGPUs over TB2 on our iMacs or build a custom PC stuffed with GPUs to replace our venerable Mac Pros in the renderfarm.

If Insydium make it very attractively priced compared to Octane it could become the de facto Physical Renderer in C4D. 

Edouard    18
12 minutes ago, Cutman said:

If Insydium make it very attractively priced compared to Octane it could become the de facto Physical Renderer in C4D. 

I also think we can count on Insidium to be tightly integrated with C4D like X-particles and be able to use things like mograph multishader, at least I hope so.

slouchcorp    10

Hey Guys,

Yep were working on it. Here are a couple of screen shots of the nodes and real time preview. we will keep you all in the loop as things develop.

Cycles_FullUI.jpg

Cycles2.jpg

Cycles3.JPG

• Like 6

bezo    400

Hi Mike,

It will be a challenge to "beat" success of XParticles, but it looks really, really amazing. Looking on screenshots must say huge amount of work was made on this project. Great job guys...

3DKiwi    297

Even I'm impressed. Looks like they will beat MAXON with a material nodes system (yes I know about the free nodes system available now).

• Like 1