Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest

Cycles for C4D

Recommended Posts

Hi MSakr. Do you work with Insydium or just a fan of their logo? :)

Sounds like you're saying whichever build was made 4/26/17 is the one going into the next update to Cycles4D?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest MSakr
  • Topic Author
  • 9 hours ago, Zmotive said:

    Hi MSakr. Do you work with Insydium or just a fan of their logo? :)

    Sounds like you're saying whichever build was made 4/26/17 is the one going into the next update to Cycles4D?

    I'm the main Dev of Cycles 4D :) 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    2 hours ago, MSakr said:

    I'm the main Dev of Cycles 4D :) 

    I guess that would qualify you then. lol! Sorry. The Egypt thing threw me off; I thought all of you guys were in the UK. Thanks for commenting. Although I may look into eGPU I hope the next version of Cycles4D will be "trash-can enhanced". :)

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest MSakr
  • Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, Zmotive said:

    I guess that would qualify you then. lol! Sorry. The Egypt thing threw me off; I thought all of you guys were in the UK. Thanks for commenting. Although I may look into eGPU I hope the next version of Cycles4D will be "trash-can enhanced". :)

    Sergey (one of the main core devs of Cycles in Blender) mentioned that GCN2 arch for AMD is good (it has good drivers and good performance), though I didn't test that to confirm, but I expect good OpenCL results/stability out of GCN2 arch GPUs.

    you can google about GCN2 arch and see which GPUs are built upon that arch.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    7 hours ago, MSakr said:

    Sergey (one of the main core devs of Cycles in Blender) mentioned that GCN2 arch for AMD is good (it has good drivers and good performance), though I didn't test that to confirm, but I expect good OpenCL results/stability out of GCN2 arch GPUs.

    you can google about GCN2 arch and see which GPUs are built upon that arch.

    Nice. All three of the Trashcan GPUs are definitely GCN, and I believe GCN 2. The D500 and D700 are Tahiti variants. So that bodes well hopefully. Thanks again!

    Looking forward to the next versions of XP and Cycles4D (simultaneous release?) :)

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest MSakr
  • Topic Author
  • 57 minutes ago, Zmotive said:

    Nice. All three of the Trashcan GPUs are definitely GCN, and I believe GCN 2. The D500 and D700 are Tahiti variants. So that bodes well hopefully. Thanks again!

    Looking forward to the next versions of XP and Cycles4D (simultaneous release?) :)

    well, GCN (1) is horrible (got a crappy driver by AMD), nothing we can do about (it is all in AMD hands)
    GCN 2 got a good driver (at least that is what Sergey said).

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    • Recently Browsing   0 members

      No registered users viewing this page.

    Latest Topics

    Latest Comments

    ×
    ×
    • Create New...