Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OnlyThumper

Cinema 4D to Blender workflow?

Hi, I'm new here and somewhat new to exporting my scenes.

I would like to utilize the cycles render engine from Blender to speed up my render time, but still use Cinema 4D as my primary workspace.  What are the best methods to achieve this?  I'm working on a specific project that involves animation, animated textures, all sorts of reflective materials, plenty of geometry, switching cameras, and global illumination (including emission-based textures for most of the lighting).

I know this is a tall order, but I'd like to see if there's a way to get this into Blender purely for cycles GPU rendering.  I also understand that Cinema 4D will be getting cycles sometime in the "near" future, but this project can't wait that long and I don't have heaps of money to shell out for Octane/Thea/Redshift(when they come out with their plugin).  Thanks in advance!

You will need to BAKE a LOT of stuff.  Alembic will be great in your case for any deformed objects. Not sure if Blender can import Alembic or not though.

Any animated textures using any of CINEMA 4D's procedural shaders will have to be baked. For materials though, I guess you'll need to re-create them anyway to be compatible with cycles.

Ahmed