Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kitefly

Plastics wth arnold - lets share some setting

• Topic Author
  • Heres my Arnold Plastic Test.  Critics please.

car toy arnold plastic_compressed.jpg

Guest Scottishcpt

Kinda looks more like plastic coated in fake metallic paint to me.

It could just be the bump map you're using... I've also noticed that materials in Arnold are very tweaky when it comes to things like specular power and roughness. Sometimes you'll be almost there, but it's the last 0.05 on one of the settings that really sells it. I think in this case, the specular roughness is a bit high, so it looks more like matte metal than plastic.

-SC

Do you have any SSS applied? That's absolutely crucial for realistic plastic

• Topic Author
  • Hey guys ! No SSS yet i thought about it but decides not to added since i wanted a sharp hard plastic look.  maybe i didn't need it.

ill be happy to post the scene and makes the tweaks see how realistic we can get it to be. 

im interested in realism in the search of enhancing my skills i believe if you can reproduce reality  you can sell anything in 3d.

So im starting with a study into every type of material, will post metals and marvels later, cloths and glass, i  would love your input. will add sss and reduce, spec rough and try a diff bump map.  maybe we can make this a collective study. ,