Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Trippwalker

First full animation project. Constructive criticism please!

Guest Trippwalker
  • Topic Author
  • Hey guys!  I dunno why I didn't post here for critique when I finished this.  I think I was so burnt out on 3D after the 200-300 hours it took, (due to being a newbie) that I wasn't up for peer review!  I'm just proud of myself for seeing it through.  Inspired by Gantz Graf-Autechre and Black Hole-Arjan M. Was a desire for years to make something like this.

I want to do another animation (finally) and this topic is me hoping to get some pointers and tips for this style of animation, (abstract, simple models replying on effectors) and anything you think I did... well, less than stellar.. or even just things you suggest I try next time.   I've already watched a bunch more tutorials to help learn new tricks and ways to build those images in my head.  Thanks a ton!

This and the attached animation preview is just some tinkering with what could be part of the next project.  Not quite sure yet.

tumblr_odocjwchZj1sdbjsgo1_1280.jpg

Preview4-1.m4v

not a big fan of it stylistically (no real crit, just a matter of personal taste), but you have a really good audio-visual sense... your animations are spot on and fit very well to the music, and i think you've found the right balance between slow and fast movements to keep it interesting. so all thumbs up! :)

Guest Protagonist
  • Topic Author
  • The camera work and animation is really good. The only thing I would change is the background. It's too flat and uninteresting. Choose something that's more dynamic and interacts with the lighting in the scene. This is probably the easiest element to change and can make your animation look soooo much better.