bentraje

Mirroring Weight in Character Object

Hi. I'm having a problem in mirroring the weight in joints of a Hand of the Character Object.
Whenever I select it, the copy button in the Weight Manager is greyed out. Image
I tried selecting the joints in the weight manager and copying and pasting (replacing) it to other hand. GIF Image
But still it wouldn't work. The weights are distributed randomly.

Any thoughts?

Please see C4D File for reference. 

• Topic Author
  • HI @maliohammad

Thanks for the video but I still couldn't get it to work. Maybe it is something in my model that I had to modify. I'll let you know once I remodelled it to a fewer meshes. 

For the mean time, do you happen to know why it turns back to T pose when I go from "Object" to "Point" mode?
    Please see attached file Reference. This was actually my query on my unanswered post weeks ago. 
    But seeing it in the video you referred above at about 37:30 it is actually possible to animate and weight at the same time in the Point mode.

Hope you can help me out in this. Thanks!

20 hours ago, bentraje said:

For the mean time, do you happen to know why it turns back to T pose when I go from "Object" to "Point" mode?

Is Deformed Editing on?

If not do a shift+v and under the Displaytab in AM turn it on!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bentraje said:

HI @maliohammad

Thanks for the video but I still couldn't get it to work. Maybe it is something in my model that I had to modify. I'll let you know once I remodelled it to a fewer meshes. 

Please see attached file Reference. This was actually my query on my unanswered post weeks ago. 
    But seeing it in the video you referred above at about 37:30 it is actually possible to animate and weight at the same time in the Point mode.

Hope you can help me out in this. Thanks!

I watched the screen capture that you sent and the object jump back to initial position because the loop select tool is active , you should have the weight paint tool active :) 

21 hours ago, bentraje said:

To further clarify: Your model will snap back to T-pose if you try and edit its point, edge or poly components while it is rigged - that is normal behaviour.

On 24/09/2016 at 10:56 AM, maliohammad said:

Thanks for that video, I totally forgot I have access to Cineversity through my work, the video was exactly what I was looking for regarding weight painting in c4d.