3DKiwi

Cactus Dan has passed away

3DKiwi    383

I refer Cafe members to this announcement at CG Talk:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=47&t=1412018

Very sad news indeed. Cactus Dan has been a long time supporter of the Cafe with his banner ads advertising his excellent Cinema 4D plugins. I always found Dan to be excellent to deal with and a man of high integrity. I'm sure all of us are thankful for the contribution he made to the Cafe and the Cinema 4D community. Rest is peace Dan Libisch aka Cactus Dan.

3DKiwi

bentraje    101

What a sad news. Whenever I search some character rigging problem post in the cafe, I always found his answers helpful. Hope he rest in peace. 

Cerbera    1,968

RIP Dan. Always found him to be a lovely guy. And a master animator, and a massive help to so many. Yep, we lost a good one there.

Thanks Nigel for letting us know.

C4DS    199

Very sad news indeed. While I didn't know the man in person, nor didn't use his plugin suite, it still feels like a big loss.

Dan, you will be missed.

Sad news.

He always came across as a good sort and full of knowledge. I understand his rigging plugins are top drawer, although I never used them myself, and it would be nice if they could live on so to speak.

Adios Cactus Dan.

TheJimReaper    35

Very sad news indeed, the C4D world has lost a very influential person.  My thoughts are with his friends and family.

bobc4d    121

This is very sad news, it feels like a gut punch .  He was a free giving spirit, always willing to help. RIP Dan

Igor    509

I am speechless. This is 2nd fellow artist to leave us in such short period of time. I am really sad by this...Dan was one of the guys who kept this forum alive. 

bezo    522

Really very sad news...I was read thread on cgtalk at the morning, but still can´t believe it.

Rest in peace Dan, you will be missed.

Rectro    678

Such sad news, im shocked, it dont seem so long ago I was seeing him post here, He was such great asset to us here, and there are so few with the knowledge he had and shared for character rigging and animation.

My sincere condolences to his fiends and family.

Dan