3DKiwi

Cactus Dan has passed away

Really sad news. From the looks of it he was living a great life, in a beautiful part of the world. Happy trails dan.

Guest Kelthor

Wow, this is really sudden. I always respected the guy for staying in touch with nature while staying in touch with the digital world. Truly an example of balance. 

Not to sound callous, but as an avid user of his plugins, I do hope one of his confidants or someone picks up the torch. Those plugins are a testament to his skill; they really are incredible. 

Can't believe it. Just got some valuable tips a few weeks ago and now he is gone. I learned again: Live every day like your last and I really admire him for being so helpful till the end. May he live in a better place or rest in peace. A lot of people will never forget him.

This came out of nowhere, as a long time cafe member and user of his plugins, I had nothing but good experiences in my interactions with him. His plugins are what has kept me with C4D in recent years. A loss of a great guy and the Cinema 4D community. 

Guest shawnfoster

So very sorry to hear about Dan's passing.  This is a sad day for the C4D community.  He was an inspiration to many and to me personally when I was developing plugins for C4D.  Maybe I will get back to that one day.  :(

At first glance at topic title I really hoped that someone was playing a rude joke and it will just result in another ban but I was wrong :(
My condolences to his family and loved ones.

Dan was truly decent, well measured, polite, helpful, respectful, modest.... Even with very difficult health issues he never complained, imposed or made a fuss about it. I knew he enjoyed  riding in the wild and it was always stunning to see how well he balanced his private life and work.
I just hope he found peace and happiness out there in big blue prairie, and all of us can just say thank you, thank you for all the contribution for C4D community, first as a gentleman then second as plugin developer.

Rest in peace

• Topic Author
  • 35 minutes ago, HSrdelic said:

At first glance at topic title I really hoped that someone was playing a rude joke and it will just result in another ban but I was wrong :(
    My condolences to his family and loved ones.

Dan was truly decent, well measured, polite, helpful, respectful, modest.... Even with very difficult health issues he never complained, imposed or made a fuss about it. I knew he enjoyed  riding in the wild and it was always stunning to see how well he balanced his private life and work.
    I just hope he found peace and happiness out there in big blue prairie, and all of us can just say thank you, thank you for all the contribution for C4D community, first as a gentleman then second as plugin developer.

Rest in peace

Hi Hrvoje

Unfortunately no joke. When I saw the announcement at CG Talk I quickly came here and checked to see if there was a similar announcement. As there wasn't I thought that it was important that there was one and it was appropriate that I made the announcement since Cactus Dan had been a long time supporter and I think the first one to come on board when I started doing the banner ads to pay for the cafe hosting.

I hope that there is some way that Dan's plugins can live on at least in the short term anyway.

Cheers

Nigel