Hrvoje

C4D GPU Future of Rendering

• Topic Author
  • 2 minutes ago, mbyrne said:

1. So, it will work on all combinations of systems and graphics?

As far as I can say at this moment, all Windows+ AMD or NVidia, and OSX+ AMD are fully supported.

3 minutes ago, mbyrne said:

What about materials? Will we have new material system for it?

First efforts are concentrated on creating an easy-to-use integration of ProRender that will provide a smooth transition for existing customers, but ProRender does offer a platform on which to deliver physically-based shading and node-based materials in the future.

4 minutes ago, mbyrne said:

3. Is this planned for R19?

Unfortunately I don't have this information yet, but it is certainly possible. The aim is to have tight integration where the ProRender is seamless part of Cinema

Cheers

Free C4D trainings from MAXON professional on our youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c4dcafe

well, the new macbook pro has....really not pro card....It will be perfect for the MacPro with dual cards, but the macbook pro...i don't know, it looks not that pro...

So Open CL support Nvidia cards?

Open CL works on both ATI and Nvidia. From what I understand performance isn't the same across both, but at least it functions on ATI. So for all those long-suffering mac users who've been left out of the GPU funky show.. it's great news!

Now I need to school up on Prorender - I'd never heard of it. So many render engines right now!

• Topic Author
  • Folks, here we are talking about OpenCL unbiased path tracing renderer. That means it has GPU and CPU support. In reality, that means it is an hybrid renderer and it can run on either GPU or CPU. The benefits here are that it will be fully integrated, seamless, and it won't care about your hardware. I am sure more information about this will be provided :)

Free C4D trainings from MAXON professional on our youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c4dcafe

3 hours ago, HSrdelic said:

Folks, here we are talking about OpenCL unbiased path tracing renderer. That means it has GPU and CPU support. In reality, that means it is an hybrid renderer and it can run on either GPU or CPU. The benefits here are that it will be fully integrated, seamless, and it won't care about your hardware. I am sure more information about this will be provided :)

Indigo render does that already. It is not so easy to develop and maintain though. But I believe that dev resources are much much better on C4D and AMD side :D

3 hours ago, Sreckom said:

Indigo render does that already. It is not so easy to develop and maintain though. But I believe that dev resources are much much better on C4D and AMD side :D

Just imagine power and speed with ease of use. :D 

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

I wonder how deep this will go in the C4D lineup. Currently you don't get the Physical engine until Broadcast, Prime and Bodypaint only have the Standard engine.