Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hrvoje

C4D GPU Future of Rendering

is it possible to make the GPU render frame 1, 2 , 3 and set the CPU to render frame 4 , 5 ? so you can render 2 images at the same time

On 11/2/2016 at 6:32 AM, Rectro said:

Would having a AMD card therefore prove to have an advantage in performance over Nvidia? 

Time will tell. I just appreciate a company who's more interested in serving users than filling pockets. I wonder if NVIDIA will play nice with MAXON to enable GPU processing on their platform as well.  

23 minutes ago, haam said:

Time will tell. I just appreciate a company who's more interested in serving users than filling pockets. I wonder if NVIDIA will play nice with MAXON to enable GPU processing on their platform as well.  

HSrdelic already answered this , 

I don't think Nvidia will bring some thing cool , it will try to sell its Iray only (win Only) 

• Topic Author
  • 16 hours ago, haam said:

wonder if NVIDIA will play nice with MAXON to enable GPU processing on their platform as well.  

There is nothing for NVidia to enable here? GPU OpenCL will be used :)

Free C4D trainings from MAXON professional on our youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c4dcafe

On 11/4/2016 at 5:24 AM, HSrdelic said:

There is nothing for NVidia to enable here? GPU OpenCL will be used :)

Right, but MAXON is saying "any" hardware. So, I'm curious if they will work with NVIDIA as well.

• Topic Author
  • On 11/14/2016 at 3:47 PM, haam said:

So, I'm curious if they will work with NVIDIA as well.

Hm, maybe I don't understand you, but nVidia cards will work too, no reason for them not to. There is nothing that nVidia has to allow, enable or provide for it to work :)

19 hours ago, HSrdelic said:

Hm, maybe I don't understand you, but nVidia cards will work too, no reason for them not to. There is nothing that nVidia has to allow, enable or provide for it to work :)

Oh, I see what you're saying. NVIDIA cards would already be supported. Got it!

On 10/28/2016 at 0:58 AM, HSrdelic said:

As far as I can say at this moment, all Windows+ AMD or NVidia, and OSX+ AMD are fully supported.

As a lot of Mac users use "unofficial" Nvidia-card solutions (to enable CUDA, etc. as well), will those configs also be supported (or, at least, not "disabled")?  For example, I currently use a MacPro5,1 with Nvidia 980ti card.  

• Topic Author
  • @jwiede

Have no clue about Mac specifics since I am Win user, but MAXON certainly won't impose any limitations or disable something, however it can't do anything if other vendor decides something that will prevent users using specific hardware and OS combination...

22 hours ago, jwiede said:

As a lot of Mac users use "unofficial" Nvidia-card solutions (to enable CUDA, etc. as well), will those configs also be supported (or, at least, not "disabled")?  For example, I currently use a MacPro5,1 with Nvidia 980ti card.  

Im guessing by the time it gets released drivers will have come a long way. maybe even a new cuda version.. and since nvidia isnt making drivers for macOS anymore.. there is a chance that it wont work for you for that reason. But only time will tell. Maybe Apple and Nvidia will make up by then.. I remember reading something about them working together again. 

Where did you read that Nvidia stoped making drivers for OSX?

it was somewhere in the news.. though cant find it anywhere. 

Basically it happened because there are no more apple computers which use nvidia cards.. its why people cant use 1080's in their older mac pro's.