everfresh

Mind Your Own Sh*t.

10 hours ago, everfresh said:

thanks :) little gifs of some setups are actually a good idea :) here's one of the fluid effects i used everytime a limb got ripped apart.. baked that one out to alembic and then imported that into my scene, just because another two metaballed cloners times 4 would have slowed down the scene by another 2 or 3 fps...

limbrip.gif

Thank you for the breakdown mate. I always have a bad luck in metaballs. This should do the tricks

Holy hell, this is amazing. 

Very impressed of course but ... weird.

A monkey trips on his own sh** and his sh** becomes a person ... pretty strange.

• Like 1

On 06.11.2016 at 10:55 PM, everfresh said:

thanks :) little gifs of some setups are actually a good idea :) here's one of the fluid effects i used everytime a limb got ripped apart.. baked that one out to alembic and then imported that into my scene, just because another two metaballed cloners times 4 would have slowed down the scene by another 2 or 3 fps...

limbrip.gif

Do you have the c4d file for this scene?

1 hour ago, everfresh said:

which part is giving you trouble? doesn't the gif show precisely enough how it's done?

I just don't get how that last 1 second is happening when the splines are pushed apart and explode.

Does the explode effect happen from a combination between Metaball and Random Effector?

2 minutes ago, tubo said:

I just don't get how that last 1 second is happening when the splines are pushed apart and explode.

Does the explode effect happen from a combination between Metaball and Random Effector?

the cloners are just scaled in one axis and moved away from the center, and at the same time the hull value of the metaball is animated to make everything thinner and then disappear as it gets stretched.

12 minutes ago, everfresh said:

the cloners are just scaled in one axis and moved away from the center, and at the same time the hull value of the metaball is animated to make everything thinner and then disappear as it gets stretched.

I do understand all the methods you are using, but I just cannot recreate that splash at the end. Your animation just seems more impressive than I can make it. Might be the synchronisation of specific keyframes. (the hull and movement)

Is there any way you can upload that file?

4 minutes ago, tubo said:

I do understand all the methods you are using, but I just cannot recreate that splash at the end. Your animation just seems more impressive than I can make it. Might be the synchronisation of specific keyframes. (the hull and movement)

Is there any way you can upload that file?

i think you're fooled by your eyes, i just animated the visibility off at some point, which makes it look that snappy ;) here's the file...

simplerip.c4d