Jump to content

everfresh

Mind Your Own Sh*t.

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, everfresh said:

thanks :) little gifs of some setups are actually a good idea :) here's one of the fluid effects i used everytime a limb got ripped apart.. baked that one out to alembic and then imported that into my scene, just because another two metaballed cloners times 4 would have slowed down the scene by another 2 or 3 fps...

limbrip.gif


Thank you for the breakdown mate. I always have a bad luck in metaballs. This should do the tricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very impressed of course but ... weird.

A monkey trips on his own sh** and his sh** becomes a person ... pretty strange.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06.11.2016 at 10:55 PM, everfresh said:

thanks :) little gifs of some setups are actually a good idea :) here's one of the fluid effects i used everytime a limb got ripped apart.. baked that one out to alembic and then imported that into my scene, just because another two metaballed cloners times 4 would have slowed down the scene by another 2 or 3 fps...

limbrip.gif

Do you have the c4d file for this scene?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, everfresh said:

which part is giving you trouble? doesn't the gif show precisely enough how it's done?

I just don't get how that last 1 second is happening when the splines are pushed apart and explode.

 

Does the explode effect happen from a combination between Metaball and Random Effector?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Topic Author
  • 2 minutes ago, tubo said:

    I just don't get how that last 1 second is happening when the splines are pushed apart and explode.

     

    Does the explode effect happen from a combination between Metaball and Random Effector?

    the cloners are just scaled in one axis and moved away from the center, and at the same time the hull value of the metaball is animated to make everything thinner and then disappear as it gets stretched.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    12 minutes ago, everfresh said:

    the cloners are just scaled in one axis and moved away from the center, and at the same time the hull value of the metaball is animated to make everything thinner and then disappear as it gets stretched.

    I do understand all the methods you are using, but I just cannot recreate that splash at the end. Your animation just seems more impressive than I can make it. Might be the synchronisation of specific keyframes. (the hull and movement)

     

    Is there any way you can upload that file?

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
  • Topic Author
  • 4 minutes ago, tubo said:

    I do understand all the methods you are using, but I just cannot recreate that splash at the end. Your animation just seems more impressive than I can make it. Might be the synchronisation of specific keyframes. (the hull and movement)

     

    Is there any way you can upload that file?

    i think you're fooled by your eyes, i just animated the visibility off at some point, which makes it look that snappy ;) here's the file...

    simplerip.c4d

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
    Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

    Guest
    Reply to this topic...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


    • Recently Browsing   0 members

      No registered users viewing this page.

    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

    ABOUT US:

    C4D Cafe is the largest CINEMA 4D community. We provide facilities for discussion, showcasing and learning our favorite software :)
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...