Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VECTOR

Character Modelling challenge - Jedi work in progress

• Topic Author
  • Just now, PrivatePolygon said:

Looking sharp man! looking forward to see some colour on it! 

thanks bro, not sure on the colour scheme yet, more excited to get those light sabers in his lands and illuminated :D 

2 minutes ago, VECTOR said:

thanks bro, not sure on the colour scheme yet, more excited to get those light sabers in his lands and illuminated :D 

Have you checked out disney infinity star wars characters? maybe you'll get some inspiration from that.

• Topic Author
  • Just now, PrivatePolygon said:

Have you checked out disney infinity star wars characters? maybe you'll get some inspiration from that.

yea ive got a few on my desk, i used them loosely to base my character on, mainly proportion wise, kinda feel like making him evil in all black with two red sabers :D

1 hour ago, VECTOR said:

yea ive got a few on my desk, i used them loosely to base my character on, mainly proportion wise, kinda feel like making him evil in all black with two red sabers :D

And a couple of tattoo's on him like darth maul? haha well whatever you do, i look forward seeing them, good luck ;)
    Have you seen this Zsummit presentation. It's about the creation of those infinity characters, very interesting to watch them :)

• Topic Author
  • 1 minute ago, PrivatePolygon said:

And a couple of tattoo's on him like darth maul? haha well whatever you do, i look forward seeing them, good luck ;)
    Have you seen this Zsummit presentation. It's about the creation of those infinity characters, very interesting to watch them :)

na hadnt seen it bro, looks pretty interesting though !

Cloak is cool, Make it look like he threw the cloak away then :P

• Topic Author
  • quick pose plus, more work to the clothing, debating if i should give hime a robe or not :D

johan-town-padawan-version-3.jpg?1478965

johan-town-padawan-version-3-wire.jpg?14

3 minutes ago, PrivatePolygon said:

Cloak is cool, Make it look like he threw the cloak away then :P

haha i might do that, too much time on my hands with this :DDD

• Topic Author
  • couldn't resist doing another turntable. this time with wire frame ! materials next and saber lighting :D

• Topic Author
  • first lighting and material test, will pose the facial expression later on ;)

render test 2.jpg

Looking very cool, must admit the blue also works ;-) Did you use the sketch and toon shader or another material?

• Topic Author
  • 3 hours ago, bentraje said:

Nice lighting. It creates this under lighting. Is that purely from the light saber or did you add additional light?

The blue under light is from the saber, the blade has a cylindrical blue area light hidden from the camera. Theres a few other dimmer area light to give it a moody feel