Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VECTOR

Character Modelling challenge - Jedi work in progress

ooh that looks great. Love the way the lightsaber glow bounces off the skin. 

• Topic Author
  • 5 hours ago, nerv said:

ooh that looks great. Love the way the lightsaber glow bounces off the skin. 

thansk bro :D

• Topic Author
  • cape on, posed a few more elements and did a little test render

test 9 no filter final.jpg

Aawh yeah, I knew acape would be a great addition, very nice bro!

• Topic Author
  • 4 minutes ago, PrivatePolygon said:

Aawh yeah, I knew acape would be a great addition, very nice bro!

haha cheers man, still considering some other options, pretty happy with this lighting though, the 3k render really shows it off much better http://vector3d.deviantart.com/art/Test-9-No-Filter-Final-646736149?ga_submit_new=10%3A1479592591

(click to zoom)

• Topic Author
  • wireframe action ;)

test 9 no filter wire.jpg

3k render looks awesome mate.

Dan

• Topic Author
  • 6 hours ago, Rectro said:

3k render looks awesome mate.

Dan

thanks dan, image compression on heres does you no favours, looks even cleaner full screen in photoshop

4 hours ago, VECTOR said:

thanks dan, image compression on heres does you no favours, looks even cleaner full screen in photoshop

Your right about the image compression, thats why I never use the forums own uploader if im showing any work, I use http://imgur.com/, and copy the embed link directly into the post, works a treat.

Dan

• Topic Author
  • 12 minutes ago, Rectro said:

Your right about the image compression, thats why I never use the forums own uploader if im showing any work, I use http://imgur.com/, and copy the embed link directly into the post, works a treat.

Dan

never really used imgur, i use gyazo, for quick screen grabs,  it opens a webpage with the image once you've taken it. might give imgur a go, how you coming along with your character ?

7 minutes ago, VECTOR said:

never really used imgur, i use gyazo, for quick screen grabs,  it opens a webpage with the image once you've taken it. might give imgur a go, how you coming along with your character ?

My character its coming along great thanks.  I didnt spend much time yesterday on it, just toying with cartoonizing him, make him look a bit more compelling, think I have found the look now.  Monday will start making clothing, accessories which will be fun, then do the Uv work.  Still plenty to do, but got the core asset made now.  Looks like your at the stage of fine tuing his overall look now, very rewarding stage to be in when a slight change can make all the difference.

Dan

• Topic Author
  • 6 minutes ago, Rectro said:

My character its coming along great thanks.  I didnt spend much time yesterday on it, just toying with cartoonizing him, make him look a bit more compelling, think I have found the look now.  Monday will start making clothing, accessories which will be fun, then do the Uv work.  Still plenty to do, but got the core asset made now.  Looks like your at the stage of fine tuing his overall look now, very rewarding stage to be in when a slight change can make all the difference.

Dan

sounds like you're enjoying this experience, i must admit its quite refreshing to have something to work on other than personal projects. yea still toying around with him, i was thinking of doing an enviroment, and i may still later on, but i think that may take the focus away from the character, so i think i'll just work on jazzing up the base a little more. :D