Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rectro

Character Modelling challenge - Mirow aboriginal Warrior-W.I.P

Yes agreed, it does have very useful Features. However for my usual kind of work, Broadcast was the most reasonable of all of the Versions (some architectural work and game development) almost all private Projects and maybe some small client work would not yet justify the upgrade. But thanks as always for your explanations and sorry for asking so many questions ;-) 

• Topic Author
  • Day 5:  Hands and Feet

So today was hands and feet, this completes the modelling of the boy.  Now its time to do some sculpting, as of yet non has been done to get the final look im after.  Next is hair, accessories. Cant wait to Uv map and texture him, thats when I will finaly get his look.

tBiTDIG.jpg

• Topic Author

Looking awesome mate 

• Topic Author
  • 2 minutes ago, VECTOR said:

Looking awesome mate 

Thanks mate, its coming along now.  Im glad I did this as this is my first ever modelling session in C4D, cant learn a app faster than getting stuck into a project.

Thanks, Dan

Just now, Rectro said:

Thanks mate, its coming along now.  Im glad I did this as this is my first ever modelling session in C4D, cant learn a app faster than getting stuck into a project.

Thanks, Dan

definetly, for me once the head is out of the way, i can relax a little, always the trickiest part i find :P

• Topic Author
  • Update:

Today I cleaned up the scene, made sure it was symmetrical, at zero world space, and the axis for all parts set up correct.  I added the needed loops for animation around all articulation points, and spent some time last night adding the final look to his face and body.  I still as of yet have not done any sculpting, at least not in the way I referring to, so will go in there and add the straights and curves.  With the body, eyes, teeth/gums, tongue Im at 10512 polys.  No videos for the tweaking bits, would be boring to watch.  

Next is clothes, accessories, then Uv mapping.  Once iv done that  on to texturing, and set up shaders, then rigging for the final pose.

D6llSIt.jpg

u3oJKKq.jpg

Dan

• Topic Author
  • Here is a quick paint over to see how he is looking with colour.  There is no sculpting, or displacements on this, so am happy with the way he has turned out.  This is just a C4D viewport grab.

iSEL8GA.jpg

1 hour ago, Rectro said:

Here is a quick paint over to see how he is looking with colour.  There is no sculpting, or displacements on this, so am happy with the way he has turned out.  This is just a C4D viewport grab.

iSEL8GA.jpg

looking pretty good :)

looks great so far! looking forward to the final render.