jackhorrocks

Cinema 4d r18 knife tool issues

When I try to use the knife tool in cinema, the knife does not snap to the verts that I am trying to cut from, it instead tries to cut a line from below or a position that is close but not exactly on the vert. I have not had this issue before and could do with figuring it out as soon as possible, thanks.

Yes, there are a lot of problems with the R18 knife tools - that is just one of them. Also, knife tool doesn't work in the orthographic views in some circumstances, and sometimes when you press escape, the lines you have painstakingly cut just disappear. I really am quite disappointed about this - they have taken away a knife tool that worked fine and replaced it with another one that doesn't work properly. It is VERY frustrating. Same with Open Subdivision - claim it as a feature, then it doesn't work with UV's so is utterly useless.

Please report your problem to MAXON expressing the hope that they fix the basic tools in their flagship product as soon as possible. I have done the same.

CBR

• Like 1

Thanks for your input @Cerbera I actually came accross some issues as well on a scene. I could do a regular knife cut and it would always cut non visible polygons even though I have enabled "visible only". I coulnd't reproduce this on other scenes. But I might dig this one out and report it to MAXON as well.

On 11/21/2016 at 11:54 AM, Robididan said:

Thanks for your input @Cerbera I actually came accross some issues as well on a scene. I could do a regular knife cut and it would always cut non visible polygons even though I have enabled "visible only". I coulnd't reproduce this on other scenes. But I might dig this one out and report it to MAXON as well.

I have similar problem with line cut tool. It cutting thru geometry even though I have visible only checked.

Just update to 18.57 where it is now fixed. I have not had a single re-occurrence of the problem since I did that.

CBR

still doesn't work, latest version.

this is bonkers.

mlon

23 minutes ago, mlon said:

still doesn't work, latest version.

Can you demonstrate that in a video, because there hasn't been a single complaint (other than yours) that line cut isn't fixed in 18.57.

CBR