Hey

please be considerate and disable AD blocker when you are on the C4D Cafe, because it helps us run this forum. We minimalized showing of the AD's all across the forums, so please, be so kind and at least help us by having AD blocker turned off. 

bentraje

Cartoon Character Modelling/Rendering Challenge #1 - Final Entries (Winner)

bentraje    82

The winner of the challenge is Rectro! 

The challenge run around from November 2 to December 2. 
The voting run from December 2 to 9. 

Thank you again for participating! 
Hope we learned a lot from it. 

Till next time! :) 

===============================

Only final entries from the challenge are to be posted here. 
As a reminder, " (9) For posting format, please have at least 2 orthographic wire views (1 front and 1 side) and 1 rendered view.  "

Tagging the participants.
@Rectro @Robididan @maliohammad @VECTOR @bentraje

Thank you once again for joining. Hope we all learned something from the challenge.

=======================

As of Dec 2, 2016, all participants have turned in their entries. As such, voting will commence until Dec 9, 2016 (Friday). 
There will be no runner up. As such please only choose one entry by commenting the name of the participant below in the thread.

The theme for the challenge is Warrior Child Apprentice There is no SPECIFIC CRITERIA. Choose what best fits from your modelling standard. 

Thank you! 

• Like 2

Rectro    523

This is Mirro the Aboriginal child Warrior.  For creation details see my W.I.P Thread here.  Hope you like him.

FicXWvg.png

UyVYvHZ.jpg

5s4868H.png

KeB7Zlx.jpg

7tD9zad.jpg

Ewwqxa3.jpg

YaKnXvr.jpg

• Like 6

VECTOR    380

"The Apprentice" hope you guys like it, click full size for high res shots

final_3_by_vector3d-dapaw89.jpg

wire_front_1_by_vector3d-daqb9ei.jpg

wire_front_by_vector3d-daqb9lo.jpg

vp3.jpg

low poly topology 2.jpg

low poly topology.jpg

• Like 3

maliohammad    270

it seems that I am the only one who didn't complete the character ...lol 
I will complete the project when I have free time , because it was fun and I learned ton of new things :D

P.S . the blue marker on his face is not related to the character , I added it when I was bored xd 

human 0001.jpghuman 01.jpghuman 02.jpghuman 03.jpghuman 04.jpghuman 05.jpghuman 06.jpghuman 07.jpg

• Like 2

Robididan    28

Hey guys, Sorry I'm late to the party. 00:02 at my place now. And really bad renders as well. Great stuff from everybody. Really impressed with @Rectro. Simply amazing!!! 

I tried to still rig my character and I'm really not happy with the lighting on th final image.

Screenshot 2016-12-01 23.57.55.png

Screenshot 2016-12-01 23.56.35.png

Cartoon Character.jpg

• Like 3

I'll go first then: VECTOR
It was a really tough decision between VECTOR and Rectro since both have a great pose and final image but I really love the look of the Jedi, also the mood the lighting gives.
Anyway, the rest did a great job too, congrats with the result!

• Like 1

Cerbera    1,202

Tricky. Both Vector and Rectro have perfect topology and awesome finished results.

I am right on the line, but... for pose, expression, topology, accessories and texturing I'm gonna have to vote..... RECTRO.

CBR

everfresh    161

i agree, tough call between vector and rectro... both perfect topology, technically i think rectros model is more advanced, but stylistically i like vectors model better. and  since i'm not a huge fan of realism and i also like the lighting and materials of vectors model better i'll vote for vector.

the other models are also great, well done everyone! :)

bezo    414

As was wrote in previous posts, Rectro and Vector have best models imo too. Rectro´s face morphs are amazing (great details on whole model also), but Vector´s left hand pose/topology I like so much.

Hard to make a decision, but overall impression/feelings play for Vector in my vote...

Good works of all participants, main goal of challenge was improve modeling skills and workflows...

...and I think it´s was successfully fulfilled

ion    13

I think Bentraje has the best topology & edge flow. Sure there's lots of quads in the other models, but not layed out with the same efficiency.

I can't get away from the 'deer in the headlights' look of Vector's jedi - needs more warrior imho.

The amount of work involved with Rectro's entry is impressive! but not cartoon enough for me.

I vote for Bentraje. Love the expression the outfit and overall look. Cartoon Warrior, this is the one.

nizaryos    9

congrats to everyone Vector and rectro both are done  great modeling and topology but i really like the concept and the design of the child warrior its like Hollywood design Bravo rectro:oregonian_winesmiley: