Sign in to follow this  
C4DS

Seamilar ... the sequel

Same here, today I was tried to install, but plugin not appear in plugin menu or finded by commander. Tried installation in both plugins folders (core and prefs), launching with admin rights and normally, don´t work. Console without any info about seamilar. Win7 and last update R18.028 

• Topic Author
  • Some people seem unable to get the plugin loaded, I don't know what the issue is. I have looked for the missing win_dll.cpp and cannot find this file on my system either, still the plugin loads OK for me (Win8.1 and R18.028). In the meantime I have build WIP 2 using the R17.053 SDK.

I have tested on R17.053 and R18.028, on both versions the plugin is loading and working. The only difference I noticed so far was that the "terminator" dots of the seams are dots in R18, while these are squares in R17. Minor cosmetic difference.

R17+ (Windows only)

<obsolete file removed>

That's interesting - I'm also on 18.28 and Win 7, and it loaded up straight away for me...

Wip2 is loaded correctly, appears in plugin list, also console say about loading...

Installed in main plugin directory R18.028,Win7

console.jpg

• Topic Author
  • 3 hours ago, bezo said:

Wip2 is loaded correctly, appears in plugin list, also console say about loading...

Installed in main plugin directory R18.028,Win7

console.jpg

Good to hear.

WIP 2 is working here also. Thanks!

Any word on when a Mac version might be available?  If you need someone with a Mac and dev toolchain to help, plz PM me.

Same here, works like a charm! Thank you very much for your work.

Can't get it to show up.

I took the Seamilar II file out of the Seamilar II wip1 file and put that in the Plugins file but still no success

If I go toEdit >  Preferences > Open Preferences > plugins I see the Seamilar II file but it doesn't show up anywhere else

Running BodyPaint 3D R18

Seamilar.jpg

• Topic Author
  • 13 hours ago, arail said:

Can't get it to show up.

I took the Seamilar II file out of the Seamilar II wip1 file and put that in the Plugins file but still no success

@arail try WIP 2 instead. People have been reporting issues with getting WIP 1 to show up. I have now removed this older file.
    Working on final steps of WIP3 now, but I guess it will not be ready this year.

Regarding a Mac version. I was going to think about other platforms as soon as the WIP mode is completed. One idea I had was to purchase a cheap, second hand Mac mini in order to compile the plugin, as I am not fond of distributing my sources. This would then also allow me to perform first level tests on every released platform version.
    Something to think about later on, as for now I 'd like to focus on getting the plugin completed first.