Sign in to follow this  
Guest ThomasGrimes

Corona for C4D Alpha 6 released

testCoronaC4D3.png

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

And why IOR values cannot go below 1?

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

03.png

One thing I miss is direct option for caustics rendering in Corona. Any info of development of this?

Looks nice. What kind of render times are we talking about? Would be cool to recreate the same scene with Physical Renderer and compare the quality and speed.

Just stumbled up on this post, which has a link to a demo Corona scene for C4D. It's a couple years old, so not sure if it could look even better with any new features.  https://corona-renderer.com/blog/corona-c4d-a1-1/

Also, is Corona setup like the Physical Renderer's Progressive setting? Just keeps going, and going until you stop it?

You can set pass limit. For example 200 or more. otherwise it calculates infinite. Best thing you can save progress in any pass in picture viewer without waiting for final render. This saves me a lot of time in wip images when working.

corona_pass_limit.jpg

Ah yes, I finally saw that setting. So I downloaded the scene above and it renders very nice. Since I like to do hard things first, I delete all the furniture in that room and dropped a car model I'm cleaning up. I replaced many of the materials with the existing Corona materials. Looks good, but I'm not getting many reflections at all. The windows are not transparent and no reflections, which is surprising since I should be seeing the curtains, windows and outside based on the angle I'm using. I don't see an option to turn reflections off. What am I missing? (minus reading NOTHING about how this thing works. ha)

reflections work much the same as C4D mats so the only other thing you could check is the scene environment tab under the render settings for corona where you can set global overrides.

@briand Thanks for the reply. I got it working now. I think I just had too many regular C4D materials that I hadn't replaced with Corona materials. I dropped a car model I'm working on into the sample scene and tweaked from there. It's very impressive so far. I like the VFB thing where you can tweak a bunch of stuff. I wanted to try the denoiser option, but it was greyed out. Not sure whey. Like I said, I haven't really read too much on how to use this system yet. I bumped this render up to 25 passes, but it's still noisy.

CoronaC4D_HouseCar.jpg

Edited by BigAl3D
Forgot image.

54 minutes ago, BigAl3D said:

@briand Thanks for the reply. I got it working now. I think I just had too many regular C4D materials that I hadn't replaced with Corona materials. I dropped a car model I'm working on into the sample scene and tweaked from there. It's very impressive so far. I like the VFB thing where you can tweak a bunch of stuff. I wanted to try the denoiser option, but it was greyed out. Not sure whey. Like I said, I haven't really read too much on how to use this system yet. I bumped this render up to 25 passes, but it's still noisy.

CoronaC4D_HouseCar.jpg

Looks great! For you to enable Denoise, you need to go into Render settings and enable it from there, then you should have that option to play. 

denoise.jpg

Ahhh, that's more like it. I left it at the default settings and it only added :13 sec to the render time. Not bad at all.

CoronaC4D_HouseCar.jpg