Hi guys

please be considerate and disable AD blocker when you are on the C4D Cafe, because it helps us run this forum. We minimalized showing of the AD's all across the forums, so please, be so kind and at least help us by having AD blocker turned off.

Cheers,
Cafe Staff 

thanulee

C4D stays in task manager and cant restart

thanulee    2

Hi, windows 10 home here. It started yesterday, when i close my c4d, i cant simply re open it. I double click it and nothing happens. I check task manager on processes and there is an entry of c4d still active and unless i disable that manually, i cant open it.

Any solutions? ty

c4d issue.JPG

bezo    390

...close process (right click/close) in task manager and run again

thanulee    2

Yes i know that. Its not normal though. So how to fix it? And if i close and open c4d often its so annoying. ty

bezo    390

sometimes could happend if collide some plugins or some long-run processes/operations in c4d. Try to disable/remove plugins temporarily...

Igor    412

That happens to me also, but not every time, not sure why...didn't happen in a while tho!

thanulee    2

hmmm thanks guys. the only plugin i use is octane. could that be the case? 

C4DS    107

I have had this issue now and then (win8.1) when my video card's display driver crashes. I then need to do a hard reset of my computer. Just restarting windows is not sufficient as windows hangs while shutting down. I once upgraded to more recent drivers, and those crashed more often. So switched back to rather old but "stable" drivers. Haven't been able to reproduce the problem, but now and then the issue pops up. I suspect some OpenGL related issue.

Not sure if all this is related to what you experience.

thanulee    2

Thanks that might be related. I dont experience crashes nothing like it. My pc gave me a blue screen 2 days ago after some power failure in the house and i think after that this is happening. Not sure if that related also but might windows have some issues?

thanulee    2

In case anyone has same issue, Octane is the problem. If i dock the node editor somewhere in my interface c4d doesnt close. I ve talked to octane guys about it they just dont care haha. cheers

• Like 1

bezo    390

Must say interesting info for Octane users with same problems inside c4d, but maybe little shame for octane  guys working on plugin...