Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cerbera

Darth Vader - SDS modelling challenge

• Topic Author
  • Bit more progress from me - I notice I do seem to be doing all of him now (sigh) :)

Quite pleased with my version of the breastplate so far (though I am going to refine and tighten up those central divots tomorrow and add some more shoulder pad details), and also getting nice results on a temporary cloak mesh using Irwan reflectance, which isn't taking too long to render, even on medium quality. This render took 10 mins (physical, adaptive, No GI, AO). Now to work out if I can model in the cloak folds or if cloth and some wind is worth a go.

Vader-69-01-bp-test.jpg breastwire.jpg

CBR

wow, amazing work guys.  well detailed and modeled.

The results are already awesome, great work guys. Looking forward to seeing final renders. 

Brilliant, well done guys, keep going.

Dan

• Topic Author
  • Well - there's more lines in that suit control panel than you'd think... not finished yet, but I gotta sleep sometime.

cpwire.jpg

That's awesome man.

great modeling!  :Bananeyessss:

this evenings progress, finished off the rear collar detailing, well for now anyways, grid was a massive pain but got it done in the end, also cut in the vents  on the face mask that where placed there temporarily, which required adding additional geo and loops to the mesh to hold the forms.

update 3b.jpgupdate 3.jpgfabc323d8ce6ee0b3ae27affec7e8016.png257d1d068e02e9a7f4c11add6144c211.jpg

• Topic Author
  • Round 2 of the helmet textures...

Vader-head-079.jpg

This took half an hour to render (physical, adaptive, AO, no GI)

...and his top half nearly done (except arms)...

DVtophalf.jpg Vader-078.jpg

If anyone could tell me why my Irwan reflectance is doing that moire discoloration thing on his right shoulder in that last render, I'd like to know !

Thanks

CBR

WOW! I love the little scratches, are they done in photoshop or are they part of the c4d texture. Anyway, great job!