Backplates & HDRI
Backplates & HDRI
kana

Knife tool issue ?

35 posts in this topic

Hello,

i don't know exactly where to post this :

i have a stange issue, on some scenes, i can't cut with snap exactly where i want, and it's cutting no matter how...

Look at this exemple, on a scene it's working perfectly, and on another it doesn't.
Is it a bug, or is it a scene preference somewhere ?

Thanks for you help.

2017-01-11 10-33-53-1.mp4

Its probably a glitch and a bug. New Knife tool have many issues and developers are very aware of it, so I am sure this will be fixed as soon as possible. I am having also hard time dealing with the Knife tool sometimes, nothing we can do but wait, unfortunately. 

2 people like this

Please update your profile to R18. There are numerous problems with R18 knife tools. Cut visible only doesn't work, sometimes escape causes lines to disappear, and as you have discovered, snapping also fails in some circumstances. We are all desperately awaiting fixes for this !

Yup, great potential the knife tool has, look forward to having it work how it was intended.

Dan

Biggest problem is, you cant most of the time recreate that problem in a fresh scene, at least thats the case with me.

4 minutes ago, SIgor said:

Biggest problem is, you cant most of the time recreate that problem in a fresh scene, at least thats the case with me.

Yes agree its not a consistently reproducible bug, hate bugs like that, especially being a beta tester.

Dan

Just now, Rectro said:

Yes agree its not a consistently reproducible bug, hate bugs like that, especially being a bet tester.

Dan

Didnt know you are a beta tester too. :) 

1 hour ago, SIgor said:

Didnt know you are a beta tester too. :) 

Not for MAXON at this time, I'm a beta tester for a few other companies in the CG, and multimedia area.  

Dan

Received a patch today. On the patch notes some bugs on the knife tool seem to be corrected. I haven't had the time to test it tho.

In the 18.039 patch there were at least 40 knife tool fixes

Woo-hoo - that patch has certainly sorted out a lot of the errors - haven't checked them all yet, but they got the big ones I think...

3 hours ago, Rectro said:

Not for MAXON at this time, I'm a beta tester for a few other companies in the CG, and multimedia area.  

Dan

Awesome... :) Is it fun for you like its fun for me?