Hey

please be considerate and disable AD blocker when you are on the C4D Cafe, because it helps us run this forum. We minimalized showing of the AD's all across the forums, so please, be so kind and at least help us by having AD blocker turned off. :cowboypistol:

Check out premium "TD Master Section" training classes in Clubs section  and STORE!

jhzondervan

User data on multiple objects

jhzondervan    0

hey everyone so first off this might need to go to the rigging part but im not sure!

I made a rig and i got a null with some user data. the user data drives blendshapes and eye blink etc. now the thing is i want to be able to acces this user data when i select my eye controller AND my jaw controler. when i use the character object i know you have sliders for say bendy arms for exemple on the hand controller and the elbow controller. they both work. but i caqnt get this to be done on my rig and i think i need to do it trough python.

i know you can copy and past user data but then the pasted data doesnt drive the things it should anymore.

In short i dont want to have new user data i just want to see/acces the user data on 2 diverent objects.

Any tips? :D

PS I never used python in C4D have used it a little but has been 2 years so my python knowledge is basicly 0

maliohammad    270
35 minutes ago, jhzondervan said:

hey everyone so first off this might need to go to the rigging part but im not sure!

I made a rig and i got a null with some user data. the user data drives blendshapes and eye blink etc. now the thing is i want to be able to acces this user data when i select my eye controller AND my jaw controler.

copy and paste the user data , and with xpresso set the new user data = the old user data :

object - user data Old --Output--> object 2 --userData new (input )

jhzondervan    0

yes but if i do this i can only controll the user data in the new object with user data not in the old one or the other way around since one will be driven by the other. this is why i dont want new user data but just be able to acces user data on other objects :(

maliohammad    270
21 minutes ago, jhzondervan said:

yes but if i do this i can only controll the user data in the new object with user data not in the old one or the other way around since one will be driven by the other. this is why i dont want new user data but just be able to acces user data on other objects :(

well , this seems very complex and I am not sure how to do it .

but if you can explain a logical method to do it (non technical ) then I might be able to help you , but I can't find a method to do it .

and the character object is very different thing , it is like one object that handle the data ..... 

bezo    409

You can select one object in OM, then in User data tab lock AM, open new AM, select second object with User Data tab and lock again. This way you have access to both User Data tabs (of both objects)...

jhzondervan    0

oke trying to say it in non technical terms.

So i have a character with 2 controlers one of the 2 controllers has user data. when i select one controller i can see the user data en edit it (not trough weird UI stuff like locking AM cause if i import the character in a diverent scene it will all be lost) after i edited the user data i click the other controller here i want to see the user data again with the same edits i made before and i want to be able to edit here as well.

as an exempel if you create a character object with a rig and you are animating it you can click the hand controller this one has user data on it to activate the stratch function on the arm for exemple. if you activate it and click the elbow controll the same user data is shown here and edited based on the things you just did on the hand control

(If its not clear just open up C4D make a character obejct and you'll see what i mean)

bezo    409

HUD cann´t help? "Master" controler (what you need)  always visible and locked to view and second/other object user data visible only if object selected...

maliohammad    270
15 hours ago, jhzondervan said:

So i have a character ....

do you mind a check box near each controller ?

if it won't bother you then I can make some python stuff to link the user data and when you click the check box of the user data it will be activated and the other one will be deactivated